DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Directv and all the RSN's and had a quick question about MASN. The guide shows the Marshall game on tomorrow afternoon, but the HD channel (denoted by -1) shows TBA. Is the game likely to be simulcast on both? Also, what are the chances of the game being shot in HD? (they are playing West Virginia).

Thanks for any insight.

Tom

· Lifetime Achiever
10,820 Posts
The game will not be in HD on MASN. As of right now MASN HD is only a part time HD channel to show some O's and Nationals games.

MASN will launch a full time HD channel starting in March so next season there will be some HD college football games.

· AllStar
83 Posts
You have to be a hardcore fan to watch any sporting event on MASN SD. It's absolutely the worst. I believe the WVU/Villanova game was on MASN SD this year, it was awful. Good Luck...............On the other hand MASN HD isn't bad. :)

· Registered
6,571 Posts
tomsteeper said:
Also, what are the chances of the game being shot in HD? (they are playing West Virginia).
Slim to none and slim just left.:( I have to go to a swim meet for my daughter or I would see in in real HD.

Marshall will be in HD next Friday on ESPNHD as they stake their 4-1 record against visiting Cincinnati.;)

· Icon
643 Posts
Michael D'Angelo;1810526 said:
The game will not be in HD on MASN. As of right now MASN HD is only a part time HD channel to show some O's and Nationals games.

MASN will launch a full time HD channel starting in March so next season there will be some HD college football games.
So does that mean that once the baseball season is over, that channel will be useless until March?

· AllStar
83 Posts
mluntz said:
So does that mean that once the baseball season is over, that channel will be useless until March?
I think last winter they showed some regional College basketball games in SD, remember watching (or trying to) a couple George Mason Patriot League games in SD, once again terrible PQ.

· Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Herdfan said:
Slim to none and slim just left.:( I have to go to a swim meet for my daughter or I would see in in real HD.

Marshall will be in HD next Friday on ESPNHD as they stake their 4-1 record against visiting Cincinnati.;)
Thanks for letting me know! Quality wasn't great...but I have seen far worse (picture quality...not the game!!!).

Not the best game form Marshall today, but WV did play really well!!

Looking forward to the game in HD on Friday!

Tom

· Godfather
285 Posts
racemanva said:
You have to be a hardcore fan to watch any sporting event on MASN SD. It's absolutely the worst. I believe the WVU/Villanova game was on MASN SD this year, it was awful. Good Luck...............On the other hand MASN HD isn't bad. :)
The Villanova/WVU game was on MASN SD,was awful like you said.Ended up watching it on WCHS-Charleston on cable.

· Legend
198 Posts
MASN picture quality is by far the WORST of any of the regional networks...
...I have seen better on local access TV.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.