DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
This is only a test...
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the maximum amount of receivers that a single account may have? I seached the forums and I found a post dating back to 2002 that stated as many as 20! :eek2: It was my understanding that you could have up to 4, I think I saw that on their website a couple of years ago. But I've seen in some posts that some of you have more than 4, which prompted my search. :confused:
Thanks for any info! :)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,020 Posts
I have 5 active currently i had 6 up until about 3 months ago when I deactivated an unsused one.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
I have seen different forums say D* has a limit of 8 to 10 active receivers before it triggers concern (Signal Integrity review) of account stacking.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I have had 10 receivers, which where using 18 signals at one shot.

And had no issues...

In general though... once you get above 8... they may raise an eyebrow to question what you are doing with all of them.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
I have had 10 receivers, which where using 18 signals at one shot.

And had no issues...

In general though... once you get above 8... they may raise an eyebrow to question what you are doing with all of them.
You don't count Earl. I think they may give you a free pass on any limit.:)

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
As sad as this sounds (and it will probably sound real pathetic by the time I'm finished typing :)), due to an appetite at the time for HR10-250s and taking advantage of a couple of deals along the way, I have 7 D* DVRs (various models), 1 D* receiver connected to a DVD/Series2 TiVo, and two stand-alone Series 2 TiVos all connected to my 60" Sony Wega HDTV in my living room.

Add the two Phillips DSR6000s in my bedroom and I have a total of ten D* receivers and two TiVos connected to basic cable. A lot of the SD capacity is more or less back-up for the HR10-250s and the HR20 - that's come in handy a few times!

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
On a related note, FIOS which recently became available in my area is doing very heavy advertising, billboards, mailers, etc - I called them to get the skinny and pricing - they told me that the limit is 6 IRDSs. I have 8 now with D* - including 2 HR20's. - that alone was a deal breaker for me.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Why there is a limit, for any service, any more... is beyond me.

Homes are getting larger, TV's are lasting longer, and in general... TV's are getting cheaper.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
If I understood correctly (and I'm sure this is close), the reason for the limitation on FIOS was that they can only put 6 lines onto their junction box - they would have had to do a second drop if they had to wire additional IRDs and they are not authorized (within Verizon) to do that.

·
Legend
115 Posts
As far as I have been able to find out there is an unlimited ammount of ird's. I have heard of over 20 being on an account before.

·
This is only a test...
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dbadone said:
As far as I have been able to find out there is an unlimited ammount of ird's. I have heard of over 20 being on an account before.
It's great to hear that I can have the joy of DirecTv throughout my house! :)

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
10 is max on titanium pack (any style)..... I wonder if after so many, if they boot you to a comercial package?

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Blitz68 said:
There is no limit.

I have 8 and enjoy them all, especially during football season. :D
There is a particular account, woman of the name Janella Williams.

She had over 80 receivers on her account.

She had these receivers installed all over the country, only paying the additional receiver fee per receiver.

She got caught.

Now she gets all the free TV she wants, in a federal penitentiary.

For 10 years.

So, ya, there is absolutely no limit to how many receivers you can have, just don't put receivers in other houses, D* will find you, and then bad things happen.

Just saying.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.