DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Go Pack!
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I was this weekend and I was out of town until Sunday night realizing I forgot to DVR the Cowboys game so I remember getting an email some time back that you could log in to record any show using your phone. I whipped out my trusty iPhone and checked the TV listing to see if the 'Boys game was local channel or NFLST and then set the scheduler to record my game. Praying that it had worked since I had no idea if it needed to be "registered" for the service first or have to have the receiver hooked up to a phone/DSL line. My receiver is not hooked up to anything (except power of course) and I just crossed my fingers until I got home. Sure enough my game was recorded and I even got an email to my phone that the recording was done!

That is one sweet feature!

My only question is this, if you do the "manual" record option on the phone DVR scheduler how do you record the HD channel for a NFLST game? Since the channels are not the rest where there are 2 of the same channel they actually have a "-1" for the HD game. Do you just use channel "701-1" when specifying the channel?

· Registered
7,910 Posts
Hmm, you know, I don't see the manual record option there anymore. I know it used to be but I just tried in Firefox and on my iPhone. Anyhow, I never used it even when it was an option... so, sorry, can't help with your question.

I love the feature, too... it's probably one of the best things they added for people that don't like to setup SLs for every show or for us procrastinators. ;)

· Registered
5,670 Posts
tcusta00 said:
Hmm, you know, I don't see the manual record option there anymore. I know it used to be but I just tried in Firefox and on my iPhone. Anyhow, I never used it even when it was an option... so, sorry, can't help with your question.

I love the feature, too... it's probably one of the best things they added for people that don't like to setup SLs for every show or for us procrastinators. ;)
I can't figure out why manual record shows for some on the home page and not others. I get a link for manual recordings when I log in, yet my parents don't. But they can get to a manual recording option after clicking on the "help" link.

· Legend
160 Posts
Interesting that this came up. I set up a recording on Friday night for ESPN "College Football" at 3:30 ET. I set the same recording for my two HR22's and for my HR10. Both HR22's failed to record. History said that the program was no longer available. The HR10 recorded it. The descriptions of the shows in the guide didn't change. Very frustrating and I would be livid if I hadn't had the back up machine work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.