DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, first time post here...just found your board today. Several weeks ago my DTV tive died...and now we have a R-15. I am experiencing many "problems" and hope some of them is just me learning this new box. So here is question #1:

I can see SL are assigned priority numbers, and with my old tivo I could go into a priority list and move things around, changing importance of planned recordings. Can you do this or something similar with the r-15. If so, how do I get to the appropriate screen?

I ask this because several of the shows I ask the box to record dont record (gasp - is anyone surprised?) and I can get to show up on the guide screen with the "r))" record series icon after them. I wonder if things are getting bumped by trying to record at the same time. (hoping actually)

Qusetion 2: Does anyone's r-15 find the same program on other channels? When I select "both" on the the series screen it still only seems to record shows of that specific channel.

Thanks for reading and replying!
Z

·
Godfather
250 Posts
To change Priority -
In the Prioritizer, simply select the number of the show and move it up or down the list with the arrows.

On the R-15, Series Links are set for a specific channel only. In addition, you cannot set a SL for the same show on different stations. In short there is no simple way to record the same show on multiple channels.

·
Super Moderator
12,884 Posts
Go to the VOD screen (push the List button), then go to the To Do list (push the yellow button), then move the highlight to the left into the menu and go down to prioritizer. That is where you can adjust the priority.

The series link on the R15 is only able to be set for one specific channel. If you want to record a show with the same name on a different channel you have to either set up individual records, or a repeating manual record.

Carl

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
Welcome!

Your can get to the prioritizer but bring up MYVOD then hitting the yellow button. Select the prioritizer from the left side of the screen and then you can move the SL up or down (it's a little slow moving them). But I think your issue is more that the episodes don't show R) or R)) at all not that they have a R) or a R)) with a X on top (those are conflicting shows with the X's). What more likely is happening is that all your shows are not in the todo list. This is becuase the R15 is limited to 100 todo list items and doesn't sometimes fill in hours or mins before a show air (usally by the night before it will be there). If you don't see it in the list it will probably be there the night before.

As for ? 2. The only way to record a program on more than one channel is to setup a manual recurring recording on the second channel. The R15 does not allow SL's for the same name on more than on channel. The Both that your talking about means both repeats and first runs.

edit: Looks like they beat me too it.

·
Godfather
425 Posts
To record on more than one channel you can either set up multiple Season Links , one for each channel you want, or you can set a Search Record, the same as your Tivo's Wishlist. I like this method because it'll catch other shows that have the cast of your show on air. It's your preference.

I actually prefer how the R15 doesn't record the same show on different channels with 1 season link. It's much easier to follow a storyline when it's in order, since different channels play a series in different order.

If you really can't stand your R15, you can buy a Tivo on eBay for cheap.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
AppliedAggression said:
To record on more than one channel you can either set up multiple Season Links , one for each channel you want
No, you can't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.