DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had D for a little over a year now. Very, very, very, very impressed/satisfied with D. I will never ever leave them for cox communications and def will never ever leave then for E... My question though. I have a 60 inch 1080i, high def samsung tv with sd package, which i have 1 dish for my local channels and another for my programming. If i were to upgrade in the near future to HD, how much do i have to pay for the dishes themselfs aswell as how much is the packages? I have the Total Choice Plus package, is there a total choice plus package for HD? sorry for all these questions. Just curious and wanting to know all i can before i make the upgrade. Thanks

·
Legend
125 Posts
Sirius05 said:
I have had D for a little over a year now. Very, very, very, very impressed/satisfied with D. I will never ever leave them for cox communications and def will never ever leave then for E... My question though. I have a 60 inch 1080i, high def samsung tv with sd package, which i have 1 dish for my local channels and another for my programming. If i were to upgrade in the near future to HD, how much do i have to pay for the dishes themselfs aswell as how much is the packages? I have the Total Choice Plus package, is there a total choice plus package for HD? sorry for all these questions. Just curious and wanting to know all i can before i make the upgrade. Thanks
possably nothing, upgrading to an hd box, i.e H20 will require a 2 yr comit. And you would need at min the phase III, but all new installs call for and require the AT9. Since it sounds lke you have a 72.5 sat a zinwell 6x8 wb multiswitch will be needed too. it should range from 00.00 to max 99.00. go online and do the upgrade, under my directv, click on upgrade equiptment, then hd reciever.

in terms of programin, you would only be adding the hd pack which is either 5.99 or 9.99 cant rember which. you would get your locals in hd free if d* is carring them yet.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
The HD feed of HBO or Showtime should be free if you subscribe to that particular premium (not both unless you subscribe to both). You do not, I believe, have to also subscribe to the HD package to get them - the same as your local channels, if you get 'em, you get both SD and HD regardless of whether you have the HD Pack as well.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JLucPicard said:
The HD feed of HBO or Showtime should be free if you subscribe to that particular premium (not both unless you subscribe to both). You do not, I believe, have to also subscribe to the HD package to get them - the same as your local channels, if you get 'em, you get both SD and HD regardless of whether you have the HD Pack as well.
So i can still keep my Total Choice Plus SD package i have now and when i get HD i dont have to pay extra for it, or do i have to pay extra for HD? What about HD local channels? So i can still view HD in the total choice plus package i have now, is that correct? Sorry for all these questions.. just needing a little help. But i thank ya'll for responding to my posts asap. You guys are AWESOME!!!

·
Godfather
260 Posts
Mine was installed Monday, the only charge was the $19.99 "shipping charge" for the HR20, AT-9 dish, HR-20 box and Zinwell WB-68 multiswitch were all included. HD is $9.99 a month but I got 4 months free when the activated the HD on Monday, only the NBC (Lin owned) and PBS HD stations are not on my local HD package but I can pick them up very well OTA, all SD local channels are still there.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
There are different channels that D* broadcasts in HD (I know - DUH!). If your area has been lit up for HD locals (MPEG4, requires H20 or HR20 to receive) and you have the TC Plus package, you should get both SD and HD locals (the big 4 networks or whichever D* has signed agreements with). Assuming the HD locals are available in your area, you would get the HD locals with ANY package that includes your local channels - with the right equipment.

If you subscribe to the HBO or Showtime premiums, you should get the respective HD channel free (HBO HD if you subscribe to HBO, etc.).

Then there is also the HD Package, which includes channels like Discovery HD, HDNet, HDNet Movies, TNT-HD, ESPNHD, ESPN2HD and probably a few others I can't recall right now. These are currently in MPEG2 format, so any D* HD receiver or DVR should get them. These are the channels you would get if you subscribe to the $9.99 a month HD Package. This subscription is not required, however, for you to get HBO, Showtime or your locals in HD if they are otherwise available to you. If you subscribe to this package but do not subscribe to HBO or Showtime, you will not get the HD versions of those channels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.