DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllStar
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how does mdu works? because i have heard that sometimes when a dtv cust wanna move and will be moving to a mdu building, they have a lot of problems with them, no option to process the movers order, to convert from a regular account to a mdu account and all that. how mdu really works? what can be done? can a regular customer change to mdu and viceversa? can a regular customer move to a mdu building?

·
Godfather
261 Posts
each MDU has a system operator, the building property management can direct you as to how to contact the operator, mostly just move in and he'll find you, if you submit a request to the property. Bring your old receivers but he might not use them, the building may have special wiring and your receiveres may or may not work with the wiring installed. Bring your old account number with you.

·
Legend
131 Posts
TheGreatLogan said:
how does mdu works? because i have heard that sometimes when a dtv cust wanna move and will be moving to a mdu building, they have a lot of problems with them, no option to process the movers order, to convert from a regular account to a mdu account and all that. how mdu really works? what can be done? can a regular customer change to mdu and viceversa? can a regular customer move to a mdu building?
The problem generally doens't lie so much in a reg account moving to an MDU account but a reg account moving to a TMU account. DirecTV doesn't care that you move into another retail location as they just change the billing address.

However if you are moving into a property that has bulk programming then the System Operator and only the SO can request for you to be moved from a reg account to their MDU account allowing you the TMU programming.

The only other issue I can see is now that DirecTV is finally beginning to use the sales restriction flag tools. It basically tells a CSR not to dispatch a techncian out to a property who is under contract with a System Operator. As once they get out there, unless they are hooked into a basic 101 system, there is not much that a DirecTV contractor can do for the customer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.