DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read all the threads I could about getting Media Share to work on an HR21-700. After messing around for hours I finally got my HR21 to connect to my home network and access my media files through WMP11. The two are connected through a Netgear router, both hard wired with Cat5. I had to turn off Windows firewall and Kaspersky virus scanner to do it, but for sake of experimentation it worked and the two are seeing each other. After the initial setup I am able to turn the firewall back on and it still works, but I have to keep Kaspersky turned off for some unknown reason (I'll deal with that later, I just want it to work one way or another for starters).

My problem now is that when I try to play audio files (MP3) or video they are extremely choppy. It's like the transfer speed between the PC and DVR is too slow and the buffer never fills enough to continuously play. Songs will play for 1-2 seconds right at the start then blurb, pause, blurb, pause, etc. Video will play for 2-3 seconds at first then pause for 10-15 seconds, play for 2-3 seconds, pause 10-15 seconds, etc. The lights on the router show continuous data transfer between the two, but something is definitely not right. My processor is a 2.4GHz quad core so that shouldn't be an issue...I assume. OS is Vista home premium, 64 bit. All other features of the HR21-700 seem to be working fine...aside from an occasional slow menu.

Anyone else have a similar problem and find a solution?

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also just tried Media Share using WMP11 on a crappy old comp running XP Home connected to the network via wireless. It still has occasional stutters with music, but is infinitely better than the new, fast machine connected with Cat5. My guess is it has something to do with Vista or a Kaspersky setting that isn't affected by turning it off.

· Icon
712 Posts
Sluffo said:
......My problem now is that when I try to play audio files (MP3) or video they are extremely choppy. ............

Anyone else have a similar problem and find a solution?
Try setting up playlists for your music, video, and pictures. I did this and have had soom success playing the various types of files from my PC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.