DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using WMP11 on my WindowsXP with and HR20. Hooked everthing up and seems to be working just fine. The only issue I have is the music is playing at about 1/4 speed. Very slow motion.

It can't be the connection speed, because the photos refresh and show up at a decent speed.

Is there a setting on WMP11 that I am missing? Checked this site and tons of others, but don't see anyone else with this issue.

Thanks in advance!!
DC:confused:

·
Icon
908 Posts
booyaa said:
I'm using WMP11 on my WindowsXP with and HR20. Hooked everthing up and seems to be working just fine. The only issue I have is the music is playing at about 1/4 speed. Very slow motion.

It can't be the connection speed, because the photos refresh and show up at a decent speed.

Is there a setting on WMP11 that I am missing? Checked this site and tons of others, but don't see anyone else with this issue.

Thanks in advance!!
DC:confused:
Is your music collection a mixture of different sample rates (32000, 44100, 48000)?

There is an issue with the HR20 (not sure about HR21) with audio sample rates and LPCM streaming. From what I (and others) have seen, the HR20 "locks" to the sample rate of the first LPCM audio track sent via Media Share after an HR20 reboot. If the sample rate of another audio track is different than the first one, the track may play either fast or slow. When the audio track is sent as a wav stream (TVersity and MediaTomb can do this), the HR20 seems to sync to the correct sample rate.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09
2,390 Posts
boilerjt said:
Is your music collection a mixture of different sample rates (32000, 44100, 48000)?

There is an issue with the HR20 (not sure about HR21) with audio sample rates and LPCM streaming. From what I (and others) have seen, the HR20 "locks" to the sample rate of the first LPCM audio track sent via Media Share after an HR20 reboot. If the sample rate of another audio track is different than the first one, the track may play either fast or slow. When the audio track is sent as a wav stream (TVersity and MediaTomb can do this), the HR20 seems to sync to the correct sample rate.
I have seen this with TVersity also - after I installed new drivers for a TV card (Hauppauge 1600). After the install directshow started using the HCW splitter and MPGA decoder for MP3's - which would result in bad playback (wrong frequency). The fix for me was to manipulate the merit on the Fraunhofer decoder (from WMP11) above the Hauppauge stuff. I think the HCW decoders were designed primarily for MPEG2 only - so MPEG1 was throwing it off.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,670 Posts
I saw (heard?) this for the first time the other day. First I played a video from the server, then I played a song. The song was slow, so I hit exit, and the audio from live TV was slow too. I changed channels, and the audio was still slow. I had to re-boot to get everything back to normal. I haven't seen it again, but I haven't tried to play a video in Media Share again either.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of the advice. I tried each, but none worked. What finally worked was that I dismantled everything, then reconnected and rebooted. This seems to have worked for now. The music is playing at normal speed.

Thanks for all the advice. I just hope is continues to work!!:)

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I am surprised that fixed it. I can see that rebooting the DVR might, but that would be the only thing I see that may have changed the problem.

O'well, let us know if something comes up again.

·
Legend
149 Posts
islesfan said:
I saw (heard?) this for the first time the other day. First I played a video from the server, then I played a song. The song was slow, so I hit exit, and the audio from live TV was slow too. I changed channels, and the audio was still slow. I had to re-boot to get everything back to normal. I haven't seen it again, but I haven't tried to play a video in Media Share again either.
Happens to me all the time, when streaming video or audio via Tversity. The audio slows or speeds up, and then the TV is affected until a reboot is done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.