DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Mentor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am able to stream video from my PC to my DVR through Media Share using WM11. I tried to store some MPEG's on an external HD connected through USB and I am not able to see the videos even though they are loaded in WM11. Is there a limitation that prevents media sharing because of the slower USB connection of the external HD?

· DirecTV 10yr+ Customer
1,010 Posts
NOYB111 said:
I am able to stream video from my PC to my DVR through Media Share using WM11. I tried to store some MPEG's on an external HD connected through USB and I am not able to see the videos even though they are loaded in WM11. Is there a limitation that prevents media sharing because of the slower USB connection of the external HD?
It is not quite what you are asking but look at Problem #1 but start.
Per the above look into permissions and share folders, etc.
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=114861

Do you have another PC on the network to see if it can see the USB HDD on PC+USB unit ?
If so, double click on one of the videos and see if that PC can run the video.

Just some thoughts to start.

· Godfather
339 Posts
NOYB111 said:
If you have windows vista try checking your security settings for the hard disk drive. I have my HDD setup the way you explained and mine works fine after going through all those extra security settings that vista has.

· Mentor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is working now. Maybe it just needed a full reboot because when I woke up the next morning and fired up the PC, both my DVR's could now see it. Its a sweet little set up. I have a 1TB external drive that I can now rip all my movies to as MPEG and have a little movie library on hand to watch. :D

· DirecTV 10yr+ Customer
1,010 Posts
NOYB111 said:
It is working now. Maybe it just needed a full reboot because when I woke up the next morning and fired up the PC, both my DVR's could now see it. Its a sweet little set up. I have a 1TB external drive that I can now rip all my movies to as MPEG and have a little movie library on hand to watch. :D
Great to hear !!!!

Here is the next step we are trying to get to....no PC....just NAS. :)
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=110408

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.