DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Legend
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to get my media share back on the DTV menu. I was having no problems getting music and pictures off my computer, Then had to reboot DVR and have not been able to get the media share to show back up in the menu. I checked the settings for my network and ran a test and it says connected. I use Tvirsity and its server is running. Have not received the new software update yet which I hope will help.

· AllStar
51 Posts
drew64 said:
I cant seem to get my media share back on the DTV menu. I was having no problems getting music and pictures off my computer, Then had to reboot DVR and have not been able to get the media share to show back up in the menu. I checked the settings for my network and ran a test and it says connected. I use Tvirsity and its server is running. Have not received the new software update yet which I hope will help.
I lost Media Share after update 0235. Up until then I had little or no problems using it to view picture and music files (never could view video worth a c**p). I use WMP11 and have rebooted several times. Nothing works.

I'm hoping this new update corrects it as well, but my hopes are not high. :(

· Icon
689 Posts
I lost media share with WMP11 after the 251 update. Funny thing is, I can sometimes get to my music, and while I'm playing a song and looking for pictures, when I finally drill down to My Pictures and select a folder, it tells me it can't access my media server and to check the network. Again, I'm playing music from my computer while it tells me this.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot this, as everything I did to get it working in the first place is set up correctly. I spent a considerable amount of time and invested in some equipment to get this working. Very annoying to have a national release take functionality away from you that was working perfectly fine before they forced it on you with no way of going back.:mad:

· Supreme Member
8,902 Posts
At least you guys were able to get it in the first place, because I've NEVER been able to get it. Everything I've tried has been fruitless. No matter what I do, I can't get my PC to recognize the DVR. At all.

I just gave up and resigned myself to the fact that I'm unable to get and use Media Share.

· Legend
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I e mailed direct tv and of course got the canned response of go to the forums on their web site What good is it to have customer service if they cant answer the questions. Even if they tell me they know there is a problem and it will be corrected with a software update it is better than nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.