DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the user guide for the R22 I just got and noticed that on page 57 the mediashare picture is a little different. It is showing that when you go into the media share menu you have options of Music, Photos, Videos and My Computers and also on page 58 it says and shows on the pic that in the Music Submenu you can "Access music by Artist, Album, Song and even Playlists! You can also select your favorite XM Music Channel." So does anyone know when we would be able to see Mediashare like the user guide describes.

View attachment 15179

View attachment 15180

· Legend
169 Posts
bjflynn04 said:
I was looking at the user guide for the R22 I just got and noticed that on page 57 the mediashare picture is a little different. It is showing that when you go into the media share menu you have options of Music, Photos, Videos and My Computers and also on page 58 it says and shows on the pic that in the Music Submenu you can "Access music by Artist, Album, Song and even Playlists! You can also select your favorite XM Music Channel." So does anyone know when we would be able to see Mediashare like the user guide describes.

View attachment 15179

View attachment 15180
I'm using Mediashare on my R22 right now.

· Hall Of Fame
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oscar madison said:
I'm using Mediashare on my R22 right now.
What I was saying though is that we don't have the option to select our favorite xm channels to listen to from mediashare or have the Music, Photos, or Videos submenus seperate from the My Computers submenu like it shows on the lower right hand side of the top pic in my first post.

· Legend
169 Posts
bjflynn04 said:
What I was saying though is that we don't have the option to select our favorite xm channels to listen to from mediashare or have the Music, Photos, or Videos submenus seperate from the My Computers submenu like it shows on the lower right hand side of the top pic in my first post.
I apologize. Yes, I see now. That would be cool to have that option for XM channels b/c whenever I play my music with a slide show it bogs down and I get the unable to access media error message.

· Hall Of Fame
4,787 Posts
oscar madison said:
I apologize. Yes, I see now. That would be cool to have that option for XM channels b/c whenever I play my music with a slide show it bogs down and I get the unable to access media error message.
Because you are receiving the unable to access media have you tried using a different program to try and access media?also which program are you trying to use to access media?.:confused:

· Banned
4,253 Posts
Tversity (especially the newest version) I think is best. But that is just me.

· Godfather
402 Posts
I am wondering if anyone can help answer my burning question. I have a R22-100. I can see and access my music and video files, but they all have a X to the left of them. The music and video come from a subscription service to Rhapsody, Zune, etc.
Is the inability to play those files a function of the receiver or the DRM in the files?
Hope my question makes sense.
Thanks in advance for any answers.

· Hall Of Fame
4,787 Posts
morbid_fun said:
I am wondering if anyone can help answer my burning question. I have a R22-100. I can see and access my music and video files, but they all have a X to the left of them. The music and video come from a subscription service to Rhapsody, Zune, etc.
Is the inability to play those files a function of the receiver or the DRM in the files?
Hope my question makes sense.
Thanks in advance for any answers.
Have you tried to play other types? if they play OK then it's the DRM.Had to ask my youngest son he's the computer scientist of the family.:sure:

Also which program are you using to access?.:confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.