DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Legend
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight on an HR24 my menus got all whacked out. There was large text all over the screen. If I presses exit I could watch tv normally but all menus were unreadable. After a red button reset it went back to normal. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a way to avoid a reset?
Thanks.
RA

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
radamo said:
Tonight on an HR24 my menus got all whacked out. There was large text all over the screen. If I presses exit I could watch tv normally but all menus were unreadable. After a red button reset it went back to normal. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a way to avoid a reset?
Thanks.
RA
If it's what I've seen, cycling resolutions has helped.

· Hall Of Fame
7,054 Posts
radamo said:
Thanks.
RA
It may not have been possible to avoid a reset, but as long as the menus still worked, I would recommend using the menu-restart receiver method instead of hitting the red button.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
CCarncross said:
It may not have been possible to avoid a reset, but as long as the menus still worked, I would recommend using the menu-restart receiver method instead of hitting the red button.
If this is the same thing I've seen, there's nothing you can recognize of any of the GUI. Changing channels/resolution has been about the only thing I've had "fix it", other than the red button.

· Legend
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"veryoldschool" said:
If this is the same thing I've seen, there's nothing you can recognize of any of the GUI. Changing channels/resolution has been about the only thing I've had "fix it", other than the red button.
VOS has it right. There is no way to discern menu options when this occurs. Next time I will try to cycle the resolutions. I did not try that last night.
Thanks.
RA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.