DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Are you saying you are getting it and don't think you should? MLB EI freeview.

Are you saying you aren't getting it and shouldn't? Can't say about that. :)

Cheers,
Tom

· Godfather
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tom Robertson said:
Are you saying you are getting it and don't think you should? MLB EI freeview.

Are you saying you aren't getting it and shouldn't? Can't say about that. :)

Cheers,
Tom
ESPN says 727 not available in your area, but both teams feeds come in on my EI channels. Neither team is my "home" team.

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
I'm watching it right now on ch625, SNYHD.

Mike

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
willis3 said:
Thats the wierd part, I am getting both teams feeds on the MLB channels. Never had a ESPN blackout before.
I found that most times that ESPN carries the Mets games it's blacked out and on SNY.

However, SNY is one of my RSNs so I'm not sure how that plays into it. :grin:

Mike

· Banned
627 Posts
I got both feeds (MLB and ESPN). However when the Braves or (don't laugh now) the Nationals or Orioles are on ESPN, it gets blacked out so that I can watch it in glorious SD on MASN or Sports South, both of which have HD but have only shown about 20 games out of 150 so far in HD.

And the real kicker is, for some reason we now get the Reds RSN feed here in Charlotte NC, which means if THEY're on ESPN it gets blacked out. And on top of THAT, their RSN transmits in HD, but Directv transmits it to us in SD.

Oh for the days of rabbit ears, 6 stations, and the Yanks on WPIX!

· Icon
890 Posts
D* was down for the entire evening last night in central NJ with rain fade.
So I watched the game on Verizon CSN Philadelphia. Never checked ESPN. I also get SNY with Verizon and no blackout ever for the Mets.

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
Hound said:
D* was down for the entire evening last night in central NJ with rain fade.
So I watched the game on Verizon CSN Philadelphia. Never checked ESPN. I also get SNY with Verizon and no blackout ever for the Mets.
Several downpours and no rain fade.

A little blocking/pixelation but never lost SNY.

Mike

· Mentor
38 Posts
I live up near Bradford PA and have been fighting this with MLB for two years now. With the new TV contracts with ESPN and TBS, it appears MLB has determined that the Phillies have the right to the entire state of PA except for the immediate metro Pittsburgh area. MLB gets really mad at ya if you call them and ask why I can't watch a game for free on ESPN or TBS because according to them I'm in the Phil's territory but if I pay for MLBEI or MLB.TV I'm not in the Phil's territory. I think it's called greed on MLB's part.

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
How on Earth could the Phillies claim Erie (in NW PA)?? That is Cleveland territory. Philly has no right to claim that spot.. over 400 miles away.

· Mentor
38 Posts
n3ntj said:
How on Earth could the Phillies claim Erie (in NW PA)?? That is Cleveland territory. Philly has no right to claim that spot.. over 400 miles away.
Last season because of dumb luck I received a call from David Montgomery (Phillies CEO) and we had a 15 minute conversation. If he's to be believed, MLB mandated to ESPN and TBS what the blackout territories would be on their contracts. That's the worst part of the blackout out situation, you're never going to see/hear what MLB's blackout rules are on individual broadcasting agreements.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.