DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,690 Posts
I'm on DIRECTV but it's on ESPN2 here.

· AllStar
70 Posts
We got the game on local ABC station WXYZ. Given the outcome of the game, maybe it should have been blacked out. But anyway I have found sometimes the games are on ESPN alternates when they are carrying another game on ABC.

· Super Moderator
54,215 Posts
WBND ABC57 is an Indiana station operated out of a Chicago area operations center (Weigel).

WBND is a LP station and is being sold along with it's co-owned South Bend stations WCWW 25 (CW) and WMYS 69 (MyNetwork) to WSBT-TV of South Bend (current owners of 22 CBS).

· Super Moderator
54,215 Posts

· Super Moderator
54,215 Posts
WSBT held out for carriage of their digital sub carrier (22.2, which was UPN Michiana at the time) and Wiegel held out for carriage of their LP ABC57 and then WB25 at the time that SD locals were added in South Bend. 69 was barely on the air and not a real station at the time (it was "WRDY ... Ready" with no programming).

The election cycle just ended October 1st ... I expect WSBT is asking DirecTV and DISH to carry all of their stations in order to get the key station(s).

It is all "negotiations". :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.