DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOS ANGELES, July 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- An exciting new home theater experience is coming to living rooms this holiday season. At the E3 Media and Business Summit, Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) , the world's largest online movie rental service, today unveiled an exclusive partnership to offer consumers the ability to instantly stream movies and TV episodes from Netflix to the television via the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. Xbox 360 will be the only game system that lets users instantly watch movies and TV episodes streamed from Netflix. This movie watching innovation will be available to Xbox LIVE Gold members who are also Netflix subscribers and will let those users enjoy streaming movies from Netflix on Xbox LIVE at no additional cost.

Rest of the story HERE

Looks like I might eventually have a PS3 AND an XBox and I don't do any gaming.

· Icon
324 Posts
spartanstew said:
LOS ANGELES, July 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- An exciting new home theater experience is coming to living rooms this holiday season. At the E3 Media and Business Summit, Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) , the world's largest online movie rental service, today unveiled an exclusive partnership to offer consumers the ability to instantly stream movies and TV episodes from Netflix to the television via the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. Xbox 360 will be the only game system that lets users instantly watch movies and TV episodes streamed from Netflix. This movie watching innovation will be available to Xbox LIVE Gold members who are also Netflix subscribers and will let those users enjoy streaming movies from Netflix on Xbox LIVE at no additional cost.

Rest of the story HERE

Looks like I might eventually have a PS3 AND an XBox and I don't do any gaming.
wow! i'll be sure to cancel blockbuster now

· FHNSAB
849 Posts
Xbox live gold is currently 45.99 for 13 months at amazon. Don't forget to add that in when you decide if it's worth it. I'm curious is the accounts have to be in the same name.

They really need to improve the quantity and age of the movies they offer on play it now.

· Legend
163 Posts
Netflix is working on adding more movies to the service. They put out a statement when the roku box came out that it is the studios holding them back.
Remember, there is nothing you can do to create more problems than keep a multi hundred millionaire from making another buck!

· FHNSAB
849 Posts
steelhorse said:
Netflix is working on adding more movies to the service. They put out a statement when the roku box came out that it is the studios holding them back.
Remember, there is nothing you can do to create more problems than keep a multi hundred millionaire from making another buck!
Probably the case. We've got about 20 movies in our queue, mostly fairly recent releases, and only 2 show the "play now" icon, and I think they are both indies.

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hansen said:
Very cool. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony (PS3) teams up with Blockbuster for the sake of competition...assuming it would work.
While I doubt this would happen, it would certainly be cool since I already own a PS3 and am currently using Blockbuster (go back and forth between BB and Netflix).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.