DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
God Bless America!
2,538 Posts
That's insane! Plenty of other free emails offer the same thing for free. Now, if you could use POP3 to access Hotmail, that might be worth it.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Originally posted by Mark
That's insane! Plenty of other free emails offer the same thing for free. Now, if you could use POP3 to access Hotmail, that might be worth it.
Many companies that offer these services are backing away and starting to charge. The "Plenty of free emails" may drop in # and the offers may not be as robust as we are used to :(

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
Outlook 2002 does this... I get my hotmail right next to my corporate exchange mail.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,026 Posts
My wife loves hotmail. But let's face it, what are they really doing for you? Hotmail isn't providing you with a dialup number or cable modem access or DSL access. So why do they need to charge $30 a year just for web based email with pop access? It's strictly a moneymaker for Bill Gates and crew.

They are going to charge it because they can... :((

·
Godfather
304 Posts
With POP email access, you do not get to see all of the ads that the companies get paid to show on their site. That is why they are stopping the service. Yahoo started charging most people for POP access over a month ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts