DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· AllStar
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took them long enough. Milwaukee PBS will finally be converting their main schedules to digital on Sept. 1. Not surprising, PBS HD will be integrated with channel 10's main schedule on channel 10.1. Channel 10's current digital sub-channels will be moved to channel 36. Bad news for those of you with kids: PBS Kids channel will be dropped to make room for channel 36's main schedule.

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
My local PBS station (WITF-33.1) is supposedly doing something similar this fall.. combining their local feed with the PBS HD feed into one digital channel. WITF actually went digital a long time ago.. the 1st station in PA to go digital and HD.

· AllStar
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
n3ntj said:
My local PBS station (WITF-33.1) is supposedly doing something similar this fall.. combining their local feed with the PBS HD feed into one digital channel. WITF actually went digital a long time ago.. the 1st station in PA to go digital and HD.
I believe it has something to do with the station's transmitting equipment. For most smaller PBS station they can only receive PBS HD from a satellite. Combining PBS HD programs with standard ones, however, require more advanced equipment that allows you to mix shows up.

1 Posts
GaryPotter said:
Took them long enough. Milwaukee PBS will finally be converting their main schedules to digital on Sept. 1. Not surprising, PBS HD will be integrated with channel 10's main schedule on channel 10.1. Channel 10's current digital sub-channels will be moved to channel 36. Bad news for those of you with kids: PBS Kids channel will be dropped to make room for channel 36's main schedule.
My kids Like the PBS channel. that is the bad news for us. :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.