DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. 1st appt: July 18, 12-4pm. Mastec called at 2pm to reschedule.
2. 2nd appt: July 21, 4-8pm. No show, no call. I called D* who re-scheduled to 7-31.
3. 3rd appt: July 31, 8am-12. No show, no call. I called D* & Mastec several times. About 3 pm, Mastec called to re-schedule to 8-1.
4. 4th appt: August 1, 4-8pm. Technician arrived at 4:40pm and completed installation.

How many missed appointment credits ($100) should I receive? 1, 2, or 3.

The CSR I talked to today said only 1, which I have already received. She said that appt #1 doesn’t count because the first appt never has an “on time guarantee”. She said that the 2nd appt had an “on time guarantee”, and I received a credit for it. She said the 3rd appt had an “on time guarantee”, but I can’t receive a credit for it because Mastec claims that they tried to call (They absolutely did not call.)

The one credit that I received was added to my account on 7-31, which leads me to believe that it was for the 3rd appt on 7-31, not the 2nd appt on 7-21 that the CSR said.

· Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
I'd say three since either 2 or 3. But you're going to battle long to get those. By the looks of it it sure was a hassle but you might just have to settle with one credit unless you want to be on the phone for hours and hours..

· Hall Of Fame
2,136 Posts
I believe the policy is a credit for a no call no show. Your first one would clearly be out in that case. The third would be debatable but since it sounds like the entire appointment window went by with no contact and you didn't hear from them until after you called them I would say it should qualify. So I would say 2 but the second might be hard to get.

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
You don't know that they didn't call--you just know that your phone didn't ring.

There is a lot of technology between their phone (probably cell) and yours. Or the installer could have the number wrong by a digit.

It could be an honest mistake on their part; we don't really know.

· Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
paulman182 said:
You don't know that they didn't call--you just know that your phone didn't ring.

There is a lot of technology between their phone (probably cell) and yours. Or the installer could have the number wrong by a digit.
This is true. The accounts of wrong / old info on work orders are countless.

· Cool Member
10 Posts
I take it that missed install appointments are a common practice D*. Within the past 6 wks, I have also had install appointments set - no call no show - 3 times! After my first missed appointment I called wondering where they were, the ConnectTv representative claimed a call was made to me the previous day letting me know they wouldn't be there because they did not have an installer in my area - rescheduled for 2 weeks later - soonest available date - 2 weeks later, another no call no show - rescheduled for another 2 weeks later - another no call no show and another claim that they called to inform me the previous day again. This was now Aug. 2 and the ConnectTv rep told me they could reschedule me for September. After taking three days off of work, Going 6 weeks without satellite service, and spending hours on the phone with ConnectTv and D*, I have made the decision to go with E*. Gave them a call Sunday and the installer was out monday.

· Cool Member
10 Posts
jwd said:
2. 2nd appt: July 21, 4-8pm. No show, no call. I called D* who re-scheduled to 7-31.
3. 3rd appt: July 31, 8am-12. No show, no call. I called D* & Mastec several times. About 3 pm, Mastec called to re-schedule to 8-1.
4. 4th appt: August 1, 4-8pm. Technician arrived at 4:40pm and completed installation.

The CSR I talked to today said only 1, which I have already received. She said that appt #1 doesn't count because the first appt never has an "on time guarantee". She said that the 2nd appt had an "on time guarantee", and I received a credit for it. She said the 3rd appt had an "on time guarantee", but I can't receive a credit for it because Mastec claims that they tried to call (They absolutely did not call.)

The one credit that I received was added to my account on 7-31, which leads me to believe that it was for the 3rd appt on 7-31, not the 2nd appt on 7-21 that the CSR said.
did u have an accurate phone number on file and is ur address on the map? depending on how the technician handled it depends on ur otg. u may not see anything if he did his part!

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shua2 said:
did u have an accurate phone number on file and is ur address on the map? depending on how the technician handled it depends on ur otg. u may not see anything if he did his part!
Yes, i definitely have an accurate phone # on file. Mastec used this phone # to call me on 7-21 & again on 7-31. Address is ok, too.

· Godfather
513 Posts
jwd said:

The CSR I talked to today said only 1, which I have already received. She said that appt #1 doesn't count because the first appt never has an "on time guarantee". She said that the 2nd appt had an "on time guarantee", and I received a credit for it. She said the 3rd appt had an "on time guarantee", but I can't receive a credit for it because Mastec claims that they tried to call (They absolutely did not call.)

you would be entitled to 2 otg credits, the 2nd and 3rd ones, since these were no call no shows, unfortunately if the credit was not applied on the day of the ncns , you will have a very hard time claiming it,,also if the work order status was anything other than "past open" the csr's would not have been able to automatically give the credit , the hsps are aware of this, so they will often change the status to something other than "past open" like en route, unscheduled, etc...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.