DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
There are a lot of different "cases"...
Each one is being looked at, and being addressed accordingly.

Some might be simple guide fixes..
Others are more complex...

Right now...
If they are totally missing from the guide... the recommendation is that you contact your local affiliate, and request that they submit their guide data to the tribune channel.

DirecTV will be doing the same... but they will be contact a LOT of affiliates, where you will only need to contact the one or two.

·
Passed away April 24, 2010
608 Posts
I may have missed this in another thread: when I run the setup for local channels, the HR20 recognizes WAWS 30-1 here in Jacksonville, yet there is a "searching for signal 771" message when it tries to tune it in. Station comes in fine on the TV's tuner.

Is that a case where the guide data is missing, or could it be something else?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
It is a something else.
Could be it is not locking into the signal, check your signal strength

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
There are a lot of different "cases"...
Each one is being looked at, and being addressed accordingly.

Some might be simple guide fixes..
Others are more complex...

Right now...
If they are totally missing from the guide... the recommendation is that you contact your local affiliate, and request that they submit their guide data to the tribune channel.

DirecTV will be doing the same... but they will be contact a LOT of affiliates, where you will only need to contact the one or two.
So I'm ready when I get the reply, "Who is Tribune and what do they have to do with it.", could you tell me a bit more so when I call the local affiliates I can better explain just what it is we are requesting them to do.

Something on the line of:

"Tribune is........, and is used for ......Could you please submit your channel data, including (missing channels here) to: <Insert Tribune Contact Info Here>"

If we don't have something this specific, I'm afraid we will be wasting our time. Of most importance is the Tribune contact info...the person we are going to get on the phone or via email is unlikely to have ANY idea what we are requesting.

p.s. How will we know and how do we get the information to the HR20 once it has been updated by Tribune?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
There really is no "ideas" from me on what to do with a working signal on the TV, 100% on the HR20, but still gettting a 771.

DirecTV is working on that.

As for the Tribune company... they are a clearing house for the guide data.
DirecTV is going to do the leg work in communicating with them...

But what you "could" do, is send an email to your local affiliate, asking them to make sure that their Digital Guide data is up to date, and is being provided to the Tribune media company...

How you will know on the HR20, is that the Guide data will start to appear

·
7 Posts
This my outcome with OTA after setup last night here in Cleveland,OH
WKYC NBC 3-1, 3-2, 3-3 No signal at all, but have signal thru TV Ant Input.
ABC 5-1 100%
Fox 8-1 100%
CBS 19-1 100% 19-2 No Signal at all, but have signal thru TV Ant input.
WVIZ PBS 25-1 & 25-2 No signal at all, but have signal thru TV Ant input.

All Channels have guide data.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:

But what you "could" do, is send an email to your local affiliate, asking them to make sure that their Digital Guide data is up to date, and is being provided to the Tribune media company...

So the Guide Data for the "missing channels" will automagically start to appear...without any intervention on my part? I thought it had to read a database when we setup the OTA initially...if, once it's set up it will do it automagically (as the Guide does), then that's fine...I can then go "scan" for the channels once they show up in the Guide?

I'll follow up with the missing locals as well.

TIA

·
Legend
239 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
There really is no "ideas" from me on what to do with a working signal on the TV, 100% on the HR20, but still gettting a 771.

DirecTV is working on that.

Earl, would it help if we collected a list of stations that have good signal strength (and work on say the H20) but don't tune on the HR20? In the Atlanta area WPBA DT (broadcast on 21, mapped to 30) and WATL DT (broadcast on 25, mapped to 36) won't display on my HR20, but do on both the H20 and HR10-250. Guide data is present for both these stations.

Edit: I just found the sticky thread that seems to be tracking this issue, I will post my info there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.