DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forced the DL of 108 last night, and just about everything is working great. The one problem I am noticing is that I am missing 4 or 5 OTA channels and subchannels. I am now getting my 4 majors, so it's not a huge deal, but I had these channels on the HR10. Any ideas anyone? Can it be missing guide data even if the HR10 had them?

By the way, long time lurker and am very appreciative of all the info this forum hands out!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
The database they use doesn't have the channels you are missing yet...mine is missing 4 channels...two of which are weather related sub-channels, plus CW and KPWG (56-1 and 23-1 locally). When their database gets updated, those channels will show up in a scan. I'm not sure what the procedure is for getting those channels added to the OTA database D* uses.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hasan said:
The database they use doesn't have the channels you are missing yet...mine is missing 4 channels...two of which are weather related sub-channels, plus CW and KPWG (56-1 and 23-1 locally). When their database gets updated, those channels will show up in a scan. I'm not sure what the procedure is for getting those channels added to the OTA database D* uses.
I am missing the same channels. Maybe they're just picking on us Iowa people?:lol:
I could understand that explanation if I didn't get those channels on my HR10. I never got CW, but I think that was a recent launch. So why could I get them on the old Tivo box and not this one? Again, not a big deal as we're really only missing out on our Super Dopler junk, oh and my wife's Gilmore Girls in HD! That one might be important!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
tcmears said:
I am missing the same channels. Maybe they're just picking on us Iowa people?:lol:
I could understand that explanation if I didn't get those channels on my HR10. I never got CW, but I think that was a recent launch. So why could I get them on the old Tivo box and not this one? Again, not a big deal as we're really only missing out on our Super Dopler junk, oh and my wife's Gilmore Girls in HD! That one might be important!
I'm betting it's a different database...there will be a thread started soon by Earl on the missing channels issue. What a thrill it is to have OTA-HD. As soon as the sun gets off my Samsung 56" DLP, I'll go in and begin editing/changing my Series links to use OTA-HD !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.