DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any compatibility issues between antenna parts from different manufacturers?

I ask because my technician installed an Andrew dish/reflector, a main LNB from CalAmp, and a secondary LNB assembly from Andrew.

FYI, the CalAmp LNB is model 151586 (and says for CalAmp dish use only!?) and the Andrew is a DirecTV A3 LNBF 110/119 (model CCS6710?).

Thanks!

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
litzdog911 said:
Are these for an AT9 5-LNB dish? You cannot interchange LNB assemblies across different dish manufacturers .... CalAmp LNBs/arms must be used with CalAmp dishes, Andrews with Andrews, WNC with WNC, etc.
Yes, they are for the 5-LNB D* HD dish. I imagine this could be part of the reason why I currently only have half of my HD channels.

So far I have had three techs out to my house. The first on installed the system, but screwed a bunch of stuff up. The second was supposed to be a senior tech who was supposed to clean everything up. Got most stuff but missed this. I lost all HD a day after he left. The third tech said "your dish looks different," but didn't have any replacement parts.

I wonder what my fouth tech will be like....

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well... it *was* loose when I looked at it after the second tech left. Also, both the first and second techs were having a hard time aligning and getting good signals.

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, fouth tech knew his stuff! All he had was CalAmp parts, so he gave me a new secondary (110/119) LNB assembly. Now I have CalAmp LNBs and an Andrew reflector.

This guy took one look at my dish from the ground, and said the aiming was all screwed up. He actually used the fine tunig adjustment screws! I don't think amy of the other techs knew what those were.

Bottom line, I'm finally enjoying all my channels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.