DBSTalk Forum banner
181 - 200 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Is Marquee Network on for anyone else? It turned on for me as it is supposed to do when there is a Cubs game on but last night when the game was over the channel never shut off and today it is still on. Anyone else seeing Marquee?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yes still on for me too. Someone must have forgot to flip the switch.
I am wondering if an agreement was finally done so out of market viewers can finally get the channel who subscribe to Sportspack? I have been googling and found nothing so far. It’s nice having the channel on. If they did forget to “flip the switch” I hope they keep on forgetting. And today’s Cubs game was supposed to be this afternoon at 1:20 PM Central Time against the Pirates but seeing the ticker it says the game was moved to 7:05 PM Central Time for today.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Yeah rain expected this afternoon so they moved it to tonight. I checked their website. It still says I can't get it at my zip code. But I am today.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
I used to be in the Chicago Market but I'm not now. Didn't move. Just MLB changed the boundries when Marquee launched. Since then I am not in the Chicago Market. Well actually I am in the White Sox market but only got kicked out of the Cubs market.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I used to be in the Chicago Market but I'm not now. Didn't move. Just MLB changed the boundries when Marquee launched. Since then I am not in the Chicago Market. Well actually I am in the White Sox market but only got kicked out of the Cubs market.
That is just crazy that you would get kicked out of the Cubs market but still continue to be in the White Sox’s market. Those boundaries should be the exact same.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,426 Posts
That is just crazy that you would get kicked out of the Cubs market but still continue to be in the White Sox’s market. Those boundaries should be the exact same.
did you fall into an outer band in where you are in market (but local systems did not pick up Marquee?)
Marquee's zip code list is differnt from the CSN / NBCSN one?

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
I live downstate in IL. For years my home market teams were always Cubs, Cardinals, and White Sox. Until Marquee launched. Then MLB had my home team as Cardinals and White Sox in 2020 and 2021. I could not watch either on MLB-TV. Hadn’t checked this year until now. MLB just shows my home team now as Cardinals so it has changed again. I guess they finally got around to kicking me out of the White Sox territory now.

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,616 Posts
I’m in the Milwaukee DMA halfway between MKE and Madison, and the channel is currently live for me showing NASCAR Race Rewind. I have Premier with Sportspack included.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I’m in the Milwaukee DMA halfway between MKE and Madison, and the channel is currently live for me showing NASCAR Race Rewind. I have Premier with Sportspack included.
I also have Premier with Sportspack included. Channel 664 is on for me. Has been ever since last nights Pirates at Cubs game. The channel never shut off after the last pitch of the game like it usually does. Someone at DIRECTV has either made a mistake by not shutting the channel off or a deal was made to include the channel in Sportspack & we just haven’t heard about it yet. I am hoping for the latter because this channel needs to always be on like the other Regional Sports Networks.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
I don’t think this Marquee thing is a DIRECTV issue. I can authenticate with my DIRECTV credentials at both their website and with the Marquee app on my ATV and watch live. That makes me think they have opened it like other RSN’s. Before it always rejected my DIRECTV authentication at their website and on their app.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I don’t think this Marquee thing is a DIRECTV issue. I can authenticate with my DIRECTV credentials at both their website and with the Marquee app on my ATV and watch live. That makes me think they have opened it like other RSN’s. Before it always rejected my DIRECTV authentication at their website and on their app.
I went to the Marquee website to their “Press Release” page & there is no mention of them striking a deal with DIRECTV for out of market Sportspack subscribers. But the channel has been available for me all day. So we can only hope this is the case that it finally has been opened up.

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,616 Posts
Hmmm…I don’t know. I’m getting the Cubs/Pirates game right now and I don’t have EI. I should be getting a x721 nag for where my service address is.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hmmm…I don’t know. I’m getting the Cubs/Pirates game right now and I don’t have EI. I should be getting a x721 nag for where my service address is.
This tells me that there is definitely a foul up going on at DIRECTV’s end then. I don’t think the channel is supposed to be on for “out of market” subscribers. I hope I am wrong, but all this is too good to be true & they will probably soon figure out the channel should only be on for Chicago Market subs & Cubs games only for Extra Innings subs who are “out of market”.

181 - 200 of 243 Posts