DBSTalk Forum banner
221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
I just checked Marquee's website and the official press release is on the page about the network being available nationwide. Great news as a Cub fan living outside of their market. Now I just wish the team was winning.
If you're a Cubs fan outside of their market, why not just subscribe to Extra Innings to get the games on Marquee Network?

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
If you're a Cubs fan outside of their market, why not just subscribe to Extra Innings to get the games on Marquee Network?
That is what most of us who have been discussing this have done. Until recently that only got us the Cubs games and then the channel would go dark until the next game. Since two weeks ago last Thursday they opened the Marquee Network up nationwide for DirecTV subscribers so now we can see the games and all the rest of the content.

·
Icon
3,280 Posts
Today getting a blackout message on the spanish feeds (686-1 Dbacks, 694-1 Padres) .

Hopefully they will fix it soon like the NESN 4K feeds

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigRedFan

·
Icon
3,280 Posts
They just announced it during the broadcast

·
Icon
3,280 Posts
I've been an MLB Extra Innings Subscriber as long as i've been a DIRECTV customer since 1997 (25 years) now. A quarter of a century. ;)
Nice so u had MLB Super Fan years ago !

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I'm getting tonight's Cubs game on Marquee even though I don't have Extra Innings. Is this a fluke or are Cubs games on a free preview ?
They just announced it last night the channel is supposed to be available nationwide on channel 664. If you have MLB Extra Innings with Sportspack you should get the channel now all the time.

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
If he has Sports Pack and no EI, which he stated, he should get 664 all of the time except when the Cubs and Sky are on. He got the Cubs without EI.

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,614 Posts
If he has Sports Pack and no EI, which he stated, he should get 664 all of the time except when the Cubs and Sky are on. He got the Cubs without EI.
Same boat here, as much as I shouldn’t have posted this.

·
Legend
622 Posts
Yes, confirming that I pay for the Sports Pack but not for Extra Innings. Cubs games are coming in without getting blacked out.

Nonetheless, been thinking of adding Extra Innings if NESN 4K is fixed outside of Boston.

·
Icon
3,280 Posts
I waa able to watch Angel's Boston last week im 4k in VA . So I believe its fixed

·
Registered
884 Posts
I was watching today's Cardinals-Mets game on channel 723. At 3 hours, 30 minutes into the telecast it went black, the DVR stopped recording the game, and a message message appeared that the game was blacked out. The DVR then started recording the Mets feed on channel 724. I got the same result when I tried tuning in the Cardinals feed from the guide. The Cardinals feed was available on MLB.TV, but not on Extra Innings.

I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago when I was watching a Cardinals game and the game went past the 4 hours listed in the guide. At the 4-hour point in the telecast I got a blackout message and had to switch to MLB.TV to watch the rest of the game. There seems to be an issue with the way DirecTV is programming the EI channels. The only time I should get a blackout message is if I try to watch an in-market game.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I was watching today's Cardinals-Mets game on channel 723. At 3 hours, 30 minutes into the telecast it went black, the DVR stopped recording the game, and a message message appeared that the game was blacked out. The DVR then started recording the Mets feed on channel 724. I got the same result when I tried tuning in the Cardinals feed from the guide. The Cardinals feed was available on MLB.TV, but not on Extra Innings.

I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago when I was watching a Cardinals game and the game went past the 4 hours listed in the guide. At the 4-hour point in the telecast I got a blackout message and had to switch to MLB.TV to watch the rest of the game. There seems to be an issue with the way DirecTV is programming the EI channels. The only time I should get a blackout message is if I try to watch an in-market game.
They probably have the MLB Extra Innings games set up for a 3 hour & 30 minute window and when a game reaches that point they have it set up to turn the channel off automatically. That’s my only guess. If a game goes beyond that alloted time then we the paying MLB Customers get screwed by the channel going dark before a game is over. This is a BAD practice. They need to have someone actually with eyes on each game so this doesn’t happen ever. Or what they should do is set each game up for a 5 hour time window because games do go over 3 and a half hours sometimes. And sometimes they can go beyond 4 hours. What I cannot understand is people who have Sportspack should get all the channels in the 600’s & especially if they subscribe to MLB Extra Innings where most games originate from the RSN’s should never go dark but I can tell you that a lot of the RSN’s go dark a lot.

·
Registered
884 Posts
They probably have the MLB Extra Innings games set up for a 3 hour & 30 minute window and when a game reaches that point they have it set up to turn the channel off automatically. That’s my only guess. If a game goes beyond that alloted time then we the paying MLB Customers get screwed by the channel going dark before a game is over. This is a BAD practice. They need to have someone actually with eyes on each game so this doesn’t happen ever. Or what they should do is set each game up for a 5 hour time window because games do go over 3 and a half hours sometimes. And sometimes they can go beyond 4 hours. What I cannot understand is people who have Sportspack should get all the channels in the 600’s & especially if they subscribe to MLB Extra Innings where most games originate from the RSN’s should never go dark but I can tell you that a lot of the RSN’s go dark a lot.
It isn't supposed to work like that. I have always DVR'd the games, and until this season I have never had this problem when games ran past the time shown in the guide. In fact, you could tune in to any of the EI channels outside of the scheduled game times and get a DirecTV screen with background music. Now I get a blackout message at the start of every telecast and another at the end, sometimes before the game is over. The only reason you should get a blackout message is if it's on a channel with an in-market game.

We are paying DirecTV to watch these games and there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't be getting the games in their entirety, no matter how long they run. My guess is that DirecTV has someone new programming the EI channels and they don't know what they're doing. Whatever the reason, it's ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
It isn't supposed to work like that. I have always DVR'd the games, and until this season I have never had this problem when games ran past the time shown in the guide. In fact, you could tune in to any of the EI channels outside of the scheduled game times and get a DirecTV screen with background music. Now I get a blackout message at the start of every telecast and another at the end, sometimes before the game is over. The only reason you should get a blackout message is if it's on a channel with an in-market game.

We are paying DirecTV to watch these games and there is absolutely no reason we shouldn't be getting the games in their entirety, no matter how long they run. My guess is that DirecTV has someone new programming the EI channels and they don't know what they're doing. Whatever the reason, it's ridiculous.
I can tell you this situation that you are experiencing has happened in past years. I have had the MLB Extra Innings Package for more than 20 years and channels that games are on that we are paying for have shut off in the past before the game was over. There have been times they realize the game is not over yet & someone will flip whatever switch there is to turn the game back on & sometimes there have been times when it doesn’t come back on and you’re screwed out of seeing the end of a game. And as for the idea of you should never get the blackout message unless it’s an “in market game” I live in market for the Atlanta Braves & I get Blacked Out from every game they play on Bally Sports Southeast Channel 649 when I should be getting every one of their games via Sportspack. This has been going for me ever since last year. I get the Braves when they’re on 646 Bally Sports South but never get them when they’re on 649. I’ve called DIRECTV more than once about that too but they can’t help me they say.

221 - 239 of 239 Posts