DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I see posts all of the time about people calling in and cancelling Sunday ticket and getting deals to get them to keep it. I was wondering if anyone has been offered a deal if they call and try to cancel MLB or NHL?

·
Icon
925 Posts
"stlcardsblues" said:
Hello,

I see posts all of the time about people calling in and cancelling Sunday ticket and getting deals to get them to keep it. I was wondering if anyone has been offered a deal if they call and try to cancel MLB or NHL?
I have received deals for both in the past, usually amounting to half off.

·
Icon
1,340 Posts
In October, I called and said I didn't think I could afford CI this season.
The rep said she could not discount CI, but then offered a $20 discount for 12 months off my Premier package.
So, I ended paying $170 something for CI while getting a $240 bill credit.

·
Godfather
417 Posts
For MLB Extra Innings, I usually call in March to cancel, and they offer a discount. Some CSR's start out offering $5.00 off for 6 months, but then up their offer if you decline. Be aware, they could just complete your request to cancel, without making you a discounted offer.

One suggestion for everyone.... when calling to cancel, at the phone voice prompts, say "cancel Extra Innings". That way you can avoid a regular CSR who might not make a discounted offer.

Let the Season begin.......

·
Legend
162 Posts
I got $60 off MLB Extra Innings last season when I called to cancel. That was the first time I had tried that and it worked out just fine. If they had canceled I was prepared just to pick it back up at the regular price when the season started. Like the previous poster said just say Cancel MLB Extra Innings and that will get you to a retention department that can offer discounts on theses premium packages. BTW I plan on doing the same in March of this year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.