DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the blackout rules/zip codes changed this year? The past two years I've gotten all Phillie games in my zip code, 17224. Today I'm trying to watch MLB Network on 213 but the games is blacked out. Is this because the game is also shown on CSN Philly and since Direct TV doesn't carry that I can't watch it? I get that feed on MLB Extra Innings but maybe since that isn't active yet that's why I'm blacked out today?

· Godfather
286 Posts
I am blacked out also due to the fact that I live in the Scranton-Wilkes Barre area. I don't think I experienced a blackout last year in spring training. I wonder if this game was on the areas not in the Philadelphia area.

I'm beginning to think that the only way to get this nonsense to end is to boycott all NBC and Comcast owned channels, but that will never happen.

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
Same here in Lancaster. Blacked out of the MLB Network feed. Stupid! When will MLB get into the 21st century and fix these dumb blackouts. Comcrap won't let D* provide CSN Philly, so the Comcrap blackout should not exist for D* customers until Comcrap will agree to terms with D* for CSN Philly carriage. They play again tomorrow but not on MLB.. I wonder if the game will be blacked out again to those of us who have SportsPack. I have MLB EI although the pre-season games are not part of the EI package.

· Hall Of Fame
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
n3ntj said:
Same here in Lancaster. Blacked out of the MLB Network feed. Stupid! When will MLB get into the 21st century and fix these dumb blackouts. Comcrap won't let D* provide CSN Philly, so the Comcrap blackout should not exist for D* customers until Comcrap will agree to terms with D* for CSN Philly carriage. They play again tomorrow but not on MLB.. I wonder if the game will be blacked out again to those of us who have SportsPack. I have MLB EI although the pre-season games are not part of the EI package.
Do you get the Phillies via EI during the regular season? What's your zip?

· Legend
158 Posts
Absolute nonsense. But, since it was on CSN, the only place to complain is in the 2,000 post page about CSN Philadelphia.

There are no blackouts for spring training games on mlb.tv - But when the regular season begins, the blackouts will happen. Unbelievable in this day in age the MLB is holding on to antiquated rules that shouldn't apply to TV broadcast, let alone modern day smartphones/tablets. Absurd. Absurd. Absurd.

· Hall Of Fame
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
la24philly said:
Today we will be able to watch on MLB N they will use the YES network
Now today's game is coming in fine on MLB Network and YES Network for me. **** doesn't make any sense at all.

· Icon
691 Posts
bwaldron said:
The sports differ in how they implement blackouts and the size of the territories involved. Baseball presents some unique fan-unfriendly features.
Wasn't two or three years ago B. Selig was going to have a "blue-ribbon" panel take a look and address MLB's archaic blackout rules?
Must be the same panel he put together in 2009 to address the Giants-A's territorial rights issue. Nothing has come on either of these issues. :nono2:

· Hall Of Fame
1,221 Posts
"sdk009" said:
Wasn't two or three years ago B. Selig was going to have a "blue-ribbon" panel take a look and address MLB's archaic blackout rules?
Must be the same panel he put together in 2009 to address the Giants-A's territorial rights issue. Nothing has come on either of these issues. :nono2:
I believe it was the territory issues, not the blackout issues unless you are looking at this as one in the same.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.