DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Cool Member
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of adding the Sports Package for a month to be able to view spring training games. My question is, are there blackouts of spring training games on DirecTV? I know mlb.tv is making a big deal about no blackouts during spring training, but does this extend to DirecTV?
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
513 Posts
new_2_hd said:
I am thinking of adding the Sports Package for a month to be able to view spring training games. My question is, are there blackouts of spring training games on DirecTV? I know mlb.tv is making a big deal about no blackouts during spring training, but does this extend to DirecTV?
Out-of-market replays are blacked out on RSNs but the live games shouldn't be, that's not to say they make mistakes.
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FHSPSU67 said:
It's MLB that makes the blackout rules. DIRECTV shows what it is permitted to show by MLB.
Yeah, I know. Two years ago I was given the Sports Pack this time of year for my anniversary gift from DirecTV. I could see some spring training games, but not all of them. When I called DirecTV about it, they really couldn't explain it. Now MLB is making a big deal online about no blackouts for spring training games on mlb.tv so I would think that extends to DirecTV but I feel like it might have something to do with how DirecTV is implementing it. Anyway, I just wondered if any DirecTV customers have experience with it this year.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
574 Posts
new_2_hd said:
Yeah, I know. Two years ago I was given the Sports Pack this time of year for my anniversary gift from DirecTV. I could see some spring training games, but not all of them. When I called DirecTV about it, they really couldn't explain.
They can't explain it because there is no logical explanation. It's a total crap shoot if a spring training game is blacked out or not.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
631 Posts
I have the sports pack and every game I have tuned into has not been blacked out. What is blacked out are "classic" games on some channels.

The did black out the Arizona Diamondbacks Fan Fest that they did a couple of weeks backs.
Mets Clssics are blacked out on SNY
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
513 Posts
Boston_bill said:
I have the sports pack and every game I have tuned into has not been blacked out. What is blacked out are "classic" games on some channels.

The did black out the Arizona Diamondbacks Fan Fest that they did a couple of weeks backs.
Mets Clssics are blacked out on SNY
Yeah, any live spring training games I've checked have been in the clear. All out-of-market replays I've been blacked out.
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
98 Posts
I've been able to see Angels and Dodgers Replays but not any others (oh, and D-backs because that's my home market)
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top