DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· AllStar
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any success using a mobile broadband connection to get any of the on demand downloads to work with their DVR? I am trying to use a Sierra Wireless 597E card through a Kyocera K2 mobile router. When I try to download a movie it says something like "your selection will be available to watch in 7h 23m". I there just not enough speed or bandwidth on mobile broadband to accomplish this? YouTube clips are viewable with mobile broadband if you let them buffer for a minute or two.

Anyone have any luck with satellite broadband either? I have started looking at that for internet as mobile or satellite are my only options at this time. One of the disadvantages to living in the sticks.

· Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
these downloads are far larger than a simple Youtube video. I wouldn't be using them on a 3G connection.

· Icon
678 Posts
Yeah i tried it just for kicks using 3g from my sprint phone, tethered it to my pc via usb and pdanet then ran ethernet cable from the pc to the receiver and turned on a shared connection.
I had similar results as your having now.

Its best just to stick to youtube and netflix for those kinds of connections (oddly enough hotspot from my phone+ ps3+netflix=great connection :) )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.