DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dish Depot has 301's for $79 with a tradein of a 3700 or 2700. I have 2 2700's and 1 3700. Are 301's worth it to trade in those receivers and pay $79?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
The 301 is a great reciever

1) OpenTV installed PIP Program Guide
2) Event Timers
3) Slimline design
4) New Blue Button Remote
5) Fast CPU compared to older recievers
6) Will place Dish local channels you subscribe to in the 2-69 channel range
7) I believe Caller ID??? It lists in the menu

If those things make it worth is, it might not be a bad deal. How much will someone pay for a 2700 or 3700 today?

·
Icon/Supporter
592 Posts
And, does it have enough memory to store it all?
If it had those features, I'd go out and buy one for $90.
Otherwise, my clunky old receiver is almost as good.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
I think it would be a worthwile trade in, the only thing thats holing me back it the 301s lack of a coax/tos output

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Yes all current E* (and D* for that matter) IRDs have svideo out.

·
Icon/Supporter
592 Posts
Originally posted by scooper
It won't have a 7 day guide because it doesn't have a hard drive.
Okay, then how about enough memory to store the 48-hour guide, rather than waiting for each portion to come down again? Even that might persuade me.

Otherwise, I'll just wait for a really great receiver to come along, at a really great price. Maybe the 501 can qualify. Maybe it will be the 721, or the 921, or something else post-merger. Maybe never. Who knows?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Originally posted by RJS1111111
Okay, then how about enough memory to store the 48-hour guide, rather than waiting for each portion to come down again? Even that might persuade me.
That would cost more money than Charlie wants to expend per unit :D

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
When the phone rings theres a pop up on your tv screen the dispalys the CID information, but obviously the IRD must be connected to the phone line. I dont think the 301 had CID

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
is $119.95 a ridiculas price to pay? My small little town has a dealer selling them for that price and I could have one today.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
That's too much.... If you really want to save money, you might find one out for bid on ebay. Just to clarify, the 301 indeed does have CID.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
None on Ebay were much less so I just went to my local dealer that I have dealt with in the past and got one. I hope to hook it up tonight.

·
Icon/Supporter
592 Posts
Originally posted by SParker
None on Ebay were much less so I just went to my local dealer that I have dealt with in the past and got one. I hope to hook it up tonight.
It's probably a $30 markup, but might very well be worth it,
if your dealer treats you right. You're not likely to get any
kind of post-sale attention from Costco.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.