DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mentor
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of switching my home line to a minimum with Verizon that allows 20 calls a month so I can use VOIP, does anyone know how often the DVR receivers call out? I rarely order PPV or use Dish Home. I guess anyone who has gotten it to work with VOIP can check their detailed call logs. Also, if anyone has switched their home phones to lowest Messaging Accounts, do you know if they still charge 10 dollars in taxes on the line?

Thank you.

·
AllStar
93 Posts
xasx said:
I am thinking of switching my home line to a minimum with Verizon that allows 20 calls a month so I can use VOIP, does anyone know how often the DVR receivers call out? I rarely order PPV or use Dish Home. I guess anyone who has gotten it to work with VOIP can check their detailed call logs. Also, if anyone has switched their home phones to lowest Messaging Accounts, do you know if they still charge 10 dollars in taxes on the line?

Thank you.
I have a software program on my Mac that logs all incoming & outgoing calls. Usually, I'd see 2 calls to "Dish Network Audit" a week (I had 3 receivers, each with a phone line plugged it). So far this week there were 2 calls on Monday, 3 on Tuesday & 3 on Wednesday, none on Thursday or Friday. Normally the calls are placed during the night, but most of these were during the day. I think that it can be explained by the fact that I called Monday to remove the 510 from my account, leaving just the 622 & 721.

·
Mentor
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, this helps so I can downgrade to the lowest Verizon account which allows 20 calls a month, just hope it does not have the same amount in taxes as local service, right now I pay 8 bucks and then another 10+ in taxes for local service.

·
Super Moderator
53,900 Posts
Taxes should be reduced, but there are a lot of 'fees', some of them legitimate, that companies add to local phone service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.