DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were a lot of complaints about the Monday Night Footall doubleheader on ABC/ESPN.

They kept switching to a split-screen view and and also had a score bug on the screen that showed the score of the other game at all times. And to make sure you always knew what was happening with the other game, they cut in frequently, and sometimes without warning, with updates. I was planning to watch both games on the DVR and switch back and forth the way I do when watching Sunday Ticket, but the ESPN/ABC telecasts made it impossible to not know what was going on with the other game. On the whole, I thought it was an abysmal presentation of two bad games.

·
Mentor
552 Posts
I absolutely love when websites cull some angry tweets and complaints together and try to present it as some sort of referendum against something.

There are some people out there who would be angry if you showed them a photo of a rainbow and the colors weren't in the correct order. Constantly finding something to complain about on social media is a bad look.

Reactions: b4pjoe and compnurd

·
Hall Of Fame
2,524 Posts
I did not care for the switching back and forth. This was made worse by the ESPN feed being about 15 seconds ahead of the ABC feed in my area on DirecTV.

They should have just treated it like CBS and Fox do games on Sunday afternoons. Occasional highlights of scores during breaks.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Feedback seems to be almost universally negative. And fans of the teams playing in these games hated it the most. They want to watch their team's game, not a split screen. Most of those commenting found it annoying and distracting. I hope network execs take this into account for future telecasts. ESPN gets three doubleheaders next year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts