DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Legend
Joined
·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is the bottom 1/5 of my beautiful big HD screen covered by the score and "ESPN Monday Night Football"? I am aware of what channel I am watching. If I want news while watching the game I can switch to ESPN News. The score of the game needs to be lowered about 5 inches, and the crawl removed.
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
44 Posts
Can anyone get a high resolution screen capture of the picture enclosed. As a Dolphins fan, and avid Jets hater, I'd love to have a high quality picture of this.

It occurred right after Leon Washington's long kickoff return. Its a capture of the fans celebrating with the letters J-E-S-T.

Can anybody help??

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/snipes007/100_2093.jpg
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
7,316 Posts
snipes007 said:
Can anyone get a high resolution screen capture of the picture enclosed. As a Dolphins fan, and avid Jets hater, I'd love to have a high quality picture of this.

It occurred right after Leon Washington's long kickoff return. Its a capture of the fans celebrating with the letters J-E-S-T.

Can anybody help??

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/snipes007/100_2093.jpg
:lol:
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
7,316 Posts
elbodude said:
Why is the bottom 1/5 of my beautiful big HD screen covered by the score and "ESPN Monday Night Football"? I am aware of what channel I am watching. If I want news while watching the game I can switch to ESPN News. The score of the game needs to be lowered about 5 inches, and the crawl removed.
Those were the days! When we could watch TV without having stupid crawls/tickers or network bugs.

I remember the first time I was watching a show and the station shrunk the picture in order to scroll flood information along the bottom of the screen. I thought it was kind of neat (I was maybe 9) but knew from that very minute that it would not take long for stations and networks to abuse this and come up with something worse. Sorry to say, I have not been disappointed with their progress.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,572 Posts
I Like the New ESPN Scorebar. I Like the Team abbreviations in the Box along with their Logo and I like the fact that it is at the bottom of the screen. But I could do without the "ESPN Monday Night Football" at the Bottom of the screen and They could do away with the crawler. But I like the scorebar. It could be lowered if they would take down the "Monday Night Football" We already know what we're watching. But we live in a world today where on screen Channel Logo's and crawlers rule the day. I highly doubt ESPN will do away with the score crawler and other data. I guess we'll all just have to get used to it.
 

·
Dry as a bone
Joined
·
12,566 Posts
dcowboy7 said:
guess u didnt read these posts where alot of people including me complained:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=139055
I did read your post. You were complaining about the placement of the down and distance markers on the field. That's not the same thing the OP is complaining about. His complaint is about the size of the crawl and the placement on the bottom. You never mentioned those items in your post. In fact, if down and distance were added to the bottom segment to alleviate your problem, it could increase the size, thereby exasperating the OP's problem.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,789 Posts
spartanstew said:
I did read your post. You were complaining about the placement of the down and distance markers on the field. That's not the same thing the OP is complaining about. His complaint is about the size of the crawl and the placement on the bottom. You never mentioned those items in your post. In fact, if down and distance were added to the bottom segment to alleviate your problem, it could increase the size, thereby exasperating the OP's problem.
no hes saying the score needs to be lowered & crawl killed and it would be if they deleted the mnf wording.....adding down & distance (which they do seem to be doing now) just slightly extends sideways the scorebar....it still would be lowered if they killed the mnf.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
117 Posts
Msguy said:
I Like the New ESPN Scorebar. I Like the Team abbreviations in the Box along with their Logo and I like the fact that it is at the bottom of the screen. But I could do without the "ESPN Monday Night Football" at the Bottom of the screen and They could do away with the crawler. But I like the scorebar. It could be lowered if they would take down the "Monday Night Football" We already know what we're watching. But we live in a world today where on screen Channel Logo's and crawlers rule the day. I highly doubt ESPN will do away with the score crawler and other data. I guess we'll all just have to get used to it.
Forget all the crawls and logo complaints and get to the real problem with the broadcast. I think MNF would be a whole lot better if they would just take down Jaws and (especially) Tony and replace them with less bluster and quiet, to the point, analysis.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top