DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to propose a moratorium on all talk of OTA, and my extension all attempts to bash or persuade Earl as regards OTA-related dates, times, and information, until next Wednesday.

It's clear the poor guy has told us all he can, and if I read things right, there will be a revelation aobut OTA and some unrelated feature in the very near future. I say, let the guy take some time off from answering the same question 18,000 times.

I'm not suggesting the moderators close any threads or anything, I think it's just time to let it sit.

Who's in? Who agrees to take the "No OTA 'til the day" pledge?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I don't think anyone is Bashing me...

Trying to trick me into saying something, I can't...... .yes
But I don't think anyone is bashing me.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice to know you've still got a good attitude.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
367 Posts
Hey Earl give me the OTA release date!!!! Bash bash bash bash. :uglyhamme :bang

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Plus it is kind of fun trying to figure new ways to tell you all... but not tell you.

·
Legend
148 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:

Nah, it is not Earl that everyone is bashing - its D* and they deserve it ALL :nono2:

Thanks for being such a good sport and for all your work to keep us up to date, Earl.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:

MORATORIUM, harummph! If we can't persist in trying to weasel something out of Earl, by hook or crook, about OTA, well....we just might start climbing towers (think U of Texas a few years ago) and popping off a few rounds...I mean really, this is getting tense...the anticipation is palpable!

We don't need no stinkin' OTA moratorium.

As the inmates rattle their tin cups across the jail house bars:

We Want OTA
We Want OTA
We Want OTA

(I just set my matress on fire)

Now, have a good chuckle and let Earl fend for himself, (he's very good at it, and has our gratitude, confidence and support...but those aren't reasons to let him off the hook)

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hjones4841 said:
Nah, it is not Earl that everyone is bashing - its D* and they deserve it ALL :nono2:

Thanks for being such a good sport and for all your work to keep us up to date, Earl.
I'd argue as to whether they deserve it ALL but it's fun anyway. So few things in life are really, really fun that you have to consider it a reward in itself.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Plus it is kind of fun trying to figure new ways to tell you all... but not tell you.
And its fun trying to find new ways of asking without directly asking...

Thanks for all the fish,
Tom

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like the moratorium idea is going down in flames... oh well just a thought. So, If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

ATTICA!!
ATTICA!!

I hereby DEMAND that Rupert Murdoch PERSONALLY come to my house and get MY OTA working on my HR20! Never mind that I live in the Los Angeles DMA and have every @$^%#%^& channel known to man available in my locals package, I want MORE, MORE, MORE! I can't be responsible for my own actions if I don't get my OTA within the next 5 minutes (even though I'm nowhere near the house right now).

How's that? Do I fit in now?

·
AllStar
60 Posts
OTA is definitely a big issue, more for some than others. It will be here when it gets here and no amount of posting on this forum is going to get it here any sooner. I guess I don't understand why this horse keeps getting beaten the way it is. :confused:

·
DBSTalk Club Member
561 Posts
lamontcranston said:
No, it wasn't incoherent enough. More rage, more misspellings and more exclamation points are necessary. Please revise your methods before trying to join the group.

:p

(where is the 'sarcastic' similie?)

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
redfiver said:
(where is the 'sarcastic' similie?)
I was thniking the same thin!!!!!!!

(Better?)

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
lamontcranston said:
Looks like the moratorium idea is going down in flames... oh well just a thought. So, If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

ATTICA!!
ATTICA!!

I hereby DEMAND that Rupert Murdoch PERSONALLY come to my house and get MY OTA working on my HR20! Never mind that I live in the Los Angeles DMA and have every @$^%#%^& channel known to man available in my locals package, I want MORE, MORE, MORE! I can't be responsible for my own actions if I don't get my OTA within the next 5 minutes (even though I'm nowhere near the house right now).

PERFECTO!, especially the ATTICA, wish I had thought of that instead of stinky ol' matress.:lol:

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually I thought the mattress bit was pretty good...

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
lamontcranston said:
Actually I thought the mattress bit was pretty good...
It would have helped had I learned how to spell the word, though. :rolleyes:

·
Hall Of Fame
2,535 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
That's just plain evil. :D

But, since we're talking about it. Maybe you could speak about a hypothetical situation in which a company might have wanted to release something by a certain date, and then decided due to an unforseen turn of events to delay said release. Hypothetically, of course, how long would that delay be? :lol:

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Nice try....but just a shade too transparent:lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
2,535 Posts
hasan said:
Nice try....but just a shade too transparent:lol:
transparent? Me? Never....

But, seriously, getting back to this hypothetical situation...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.