DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using the front mounted IR flasher on my HR34. It's signal comes from a URC MRF-260 RF base station. This configuration works OK but I would really like to be able to use the HR34 IR input port. The MRF260 base station output, and I would suspect the rest of the URC RF base stations, also utilize mono jack output ( I guess configured as ground and a data tip). The HR34 wants and input jack to be configured ground, data and +5v at the tip. CurtP, Moderator, posted that the tip is not used, only the mid and bottom ring. I contacted URC tech support and got no help, and I can't find a 3.5mm stereo jack to 3.5mm mono jack cable anywhere. Does anyone have any data the might help with this issue?

·
Legend
264 Posts
you do not want to use a stereo to mono adaptor as the tip and ring are then shorted together and then you will also have the +5v on a circuit that should not have the voltage.

If you really need to convert to mono, then go to radio shack, get a mono to open wire cable, and get a stero cable connecter and build your own converter cable, when wiring the stero jack side, besure you do not connect to the tip side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.