DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Legend
187 Posts
tibber said:
You are very welcome. I still have some reservations about going on trips, even tho i have Tivo based primaries so I won't miss anyhting. I just don't want to document all the things that could have gone wrong.

This sounds just like some of the lockups I've experienced with that release. (We'll see what happens with 0x108 when I get back on friday...) What I think is happening is the HR20 tells the tuners to change channels, but something causes the HR20 to software to think it did when it actually hadn't so the software become out of synch with the hardware and in some cases (like the first day of a vacation trip) it locksup, unable to record correctly. (Turning DD on and off in earlier releases seemed to be a similar problem, but didn't cause lockups, I don't believe.)

Thank you for the details, I'm thinking Directv will be able to use the data to make the Hr20 better for all of us.

Merry Christmas,
Tom
One other thing. Do you know when the last time you did a red-button reset? I had the unwatchable bug for one weekend, after the HR-20 had not been reset in 3 weeks. Not only was I getting the un-watchable bug, but I could not rewind or pause live tv either. I could still watch recorded shows from before the problem started though. From now on, I am giving it a red-button reset at least every two weeks, and will definitely do a reset before I leave for vacation.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.