DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Icon
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
watched brokeback mountain that i had recorded, ask me if i wanted to delete it at the end of recording, now it froze up, and of course the remote wont respond again, and now the little blue light special light just keeps going round in circles, the controls on the box wont even respond again, so another reset is on the way again, :(

·
Icon
752 Posts
shaun-ohio said:
watched brokeback mountain that i had recorded, ask me if i wanted to delete it at the end of recording, now it froze up, and of course the remote wont respond again, and now the little blue light special light just keeps going round in circles, the controls on the box wont even respond again, so another reset is on the way again, :(
Trying to be multicultural here.....I fell in to a burning ring of fire.:hurah:

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I had an unwatchable recording of Sleeper Cell tonight which was recording simultaneously with Scrubs. At least it repeats at 11:00 so I can try again.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
gpg said:
I had an unwatchable recording of Sleeper Cell tonight which was recording simultaneously with Scrubs. At least it repeats at 11:00 so I can try again.
0x108?

·
DBSTalk Club Member
58 Posts
Not sure where to post this, but here are some observations on OTA:

1. I've noticed that when trying to view a recording from a station that has dropouts during the recording, that the recording just sits there on "0" and if I try to FF/RW, the left numeric position value turns to "-30"
In this case, the recording/show was 30 minutes.

2. If I leave the box on a channel that says "searching for OTA channel" (or something like that) for a fair amount of time, I'll need to reboot the box to get it to respond again.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Same thing happened to me with The O.C. tonight. I got done watching and it said "stay tuned for scenes from next weeks episode". I tried to skip to that but it wouldn't respond to the remote. I just let it go and it showed the previews for next weeks episode and instead of showing the keep or delete option it froze on the last frame it recorded. Had to do a red button reset.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
75 Posts
I lost Survivor, it was 35 minutes into the recording, went to watch it form the beginning, would not play, FF or REW didn't work either. If I reset it I know I'll lose it.

I downloaded 108 last night.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Yes, the unwatchable Sleeper Cell was after downloading x108 last night.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I had Survivor set to record tonight on my OTA station and can't view it. When I select play, I get asked if I want to keep or delete the recording. This was my first recording attempt with 0x108 and first ever failed recording.

New Orleans, WWLDT Ch. 4-1

·
DBSTalk Club Member
485 Posts
Had a failed recording on 0x108 lastnight on one of the sat channels. Just a black screen. Some other recordings have worked. It's hit or miss just like Oxfa.

Had a few audio drop outs with a show that was recording while I was watching it. Only a few not a big deal.

Had the audio out of sink for about 10 min's on another recorded show. Seems like it caught up with the video after that time and was OK.

Pinkey is still working. They didn't get rid of it in 0x108 on my HR20. At least some people will be happy to hear that.

Seems they didn't fix the bugs I have listed.

Bret

·
AllStar
89 Posts
shaun-ohio said:
Same problem happend to me on the old software as I do not have 108 yet. Santa braught me coal instead. I don't think this problem is unique to 108 code.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
say-what said:
I had Survivor set to record tonight on my OTA station and can't view it. When I select play, I get asked if I want to keep or delete the recording. This was my first recording attempt with 0x108 and first ever failed recording.

New Orleans, WWLDT Ch. 4-1
Well, I did a red button reset and scheduled a bunch of recordings tonight and all worked fine.

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
I had 22 saved recordings from the past 2 months, recorded new OTA and D*TV HD channels tonight after the 10B download. Everything has played back perfectly, including trick key operations. Video and sound is perfect.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I also had an issue with watching past recordings.

F/W - 0x108

Recorded two different shows when 108 was installed
Watched a show when 0xFA was in use, stoped show and deleted
Started anoteher show when 0xFA was in use, stopped it and deleted it
Tried to watch a new recording when 0x108 was in use and the screen came up
asking if I wanted to keep it or delete it, responded NO, don't delete
Tried to watch a different new recording when 0x108 was in use and the screen
came up asking if I wanted to keep it or delete it, responded NO, don't delete
Could not get anything to work, system locked up, rebooted and both new shows
that I said don't delete, were gone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status