DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The rumors are - more Russian TV is coming to Dish? - on ch 594...around Sept 25th...free for few weeks for Subscribers of current Russian Pack, or even Free for all for few weeks?
after that the rumours are - the channel will be offered on it's own outside the current Russian Pack - for $14.99?

the channel is NTV Mir (America) - AKA: NTV World (America) - AKA: HTB Mir (America) (in Cyrillic alphabet)...
With EPG name - HTBA
Live from Moscow

anyone - any confirmation of this?
or any other additional info on this?

7 Posts
Cool and not so cool... finally they gat another channel but for $14.99 a month? Are they nuts? Plus if it's all programming from America why bother?

I guess its good that they are adding a channel but it would be good if they put something decent up and charged a reasonable price for it.

· Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the price are only rumored now..
but some say the Phone # for company already works and they can provide all the details...
Here from another forum:

"call 866 688-8727, they will answer all questions, also they're starting from 09/25/2002, but they are set up already"

on the other hand - programming is not supposed to be from America with them ..but Live from Russia...

and the last point - no gun over noone's head - if one doesn't like it or doesn't like the price - one is not obligated to take it :)

· Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Cyclone
I'd watch some of the foreign programming if they had a English SAP channel. I'd really like to find out what those hot babes are saying on the Spanish channels.
maybe they are saying: "Oh, baby...Oh, baby"

hehe

· Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes - tv guide is there now..
It is still NTV Mir but they added America...
and the Logo on screen is changed i hear from NTV Mir to NTV America now too...
And the programming - no more Live from Russia...but will be adjusted to North American time...with changes in the actual NTV Mir's Tv guide...
That is starting to sound negative....
We ll have to wait and see i guess..

7 Posts
Of course I don't have a gun over my head to order the new Russian channel but it is a bit extreme. They'd get a lot more people ordering the channels if the price was just a little lower. All my Russian friends hear about the channels and want them... until they hear the price.

Well if the programming is much better I'd love it. If its another station filled with old shows and Billie Mays commercials I think I'll pass unfortunatly.

G

·
Why in the world would you want it to be live with an 8 hour difference anyway? All the good primetime programming would be at night or early in the morning!

· Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes you right too - i hear you :)
It is actually 9 hours over here :)
But what i exactly really ment was:
adjusting tme and showing according to prime here (but showing exactly the same programming as before) is fine,
But the rumors are since it says in the bottom of the screen HTB America (NTV America) - now, instead of of HTB Mir (NTV World) - just few days ago,:
The time is not only adjusted to the prime here..but the programming is edited or something - whatever is being shown doesn't match up with a World wide NTV World TV listing at their home page...so basically what i think it will mean - it will be probably special version of TV listing made for USA (dishnetwork) - which is not the same, ....see my point? (see the familiar patern)?
:(
P.S. adjusting Time to the Prime in the USA would be fine though of course...but i do not think that is what Exactly happening

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.