DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's seems like there are more and more 711 issues coming up related to 103c and 99c including myslef now(or at least it seems that way doing a search in forums).

So I have had HD service for over 2 years now and about 3 weeks ago an intermittent 711 comes up on channel 206,245...Current setup is (2)hr-21 and (1)HR-20

So I have found my 103c signal are fine, mid 80's to low 90's, but it is my 99c that is coming and going on all 3 recievers. After monitoring for a few weeks I've seen it as low 0 with highest(when working) of 65. I happend to have a new in the box multi-switch, swapped to it and still have the issue, so it's either a bad LNB or dish needs tweaking. I've watched the video on dish tuning and read a few threads and I'm thinking the elevation needs to be tweaked?

So is it normal to have 103c so strong and just need to tweak dish to get 99c solid? or does this sound more like a bad LNB with the signals going from 0-65 at any given time?

thanks in advance,
jb

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
If 103c is strong and 99c isn't [due to dish alignment], then it would be the tilt that is off.
"I would think" [if it's not a LOS issue] the problem is more to do with the BBCs myself. Both 99 & 103 [c] are the SATs using them.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
sounds like it needs some tweaking.. dish tilt is problably off.. loosen the bolts that hold the back of the dish to even out 103 and 99.. will problably also need the rest adjusted to get the highest signals..

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info...I just found out I had the PPlan so I just scheduled a service call...luckily they have an open slot tomorrow.

So I was transfered to a "speciallist", very nice person but she insisted that espnHD(206) and TNTHD(245) shouldn't exist and I shouldn't be geting them anyway, that they all moved to the "70's". I found that very strange and certainly incorrect. But I nicely told her I was watching ESPNHD on channel 206 as we talked(<; She also mentioned I shouldn't be receiving any channels on 99c, what?

Anyway hopefully the tech will get me all good tomorrow.

·
Godfather
437 Posts
vette_jb said:
It's seems like there are more and more 711 issues coming up related to 103c and 99c including myslef now(or at least it seems that way doing a search in forums).

So I have had HD service for over 2 years now and about 3 weeks ago an intermittent 711 comes up on channel 206,245...
I was in the same situation until a couple days ago. I had an older HD installation with 70-80 on 99c and 103c. It took two service calls; the first tech either wouldn't or couldn't fix it. The next one said the bolts were bent, and the dish was loose, so he just put a new dish up. Huge difference! The lowest signal I've seen is 89, and the 771 messages are gone. Hopefully, you'll get a good technician on the first call.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tech just left...actually a very good tech. Replaced LNB and my 99c sigs are now all high 80's.

He first attempted to align the dish, wasn't happy with results and then replaced LNB. Took him all of 20 mins.

I'm a happy camper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.