DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Godfather
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 4 receivers in my house. I want to add 2 more receivers. Is there any way I can add 2 more without having another dish? If so, what do I need and could you provide me with a link to where I can buy what I need? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks alot

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Yes, all you need is the appropriate multiswitch(es) for your setup.

Do a search for Multiswitch, for an trememdous amount of information.

(At one point I had 10 receivers, using 17 feeds in the house)

· I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
If you call DirecTV and tell them what you want to do, it's quite possible they will cut you a deal on the hardware (including the multiswitch) and installation. It would at least be worth a call to find out.

· DBSTalk Club Member
468 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
(At one point I had 10 receivers, using 17 feeds in the house)
10 receivers? :eek2: Right now, I have six, and I was nervous about adding the latest one (the HR20) as at least one person in the forum told me that any more than five set up a red flag in the system and that I might suspected of using them for a business or giving them to my neighbors. Nothing happened when I activated it though -- no questions asked. I wonder if there really is a "red flag" point?

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Just have them all connected to the proper phone line and no worries, no matter what flags go up.

· DBSTalk Club Member
468 Posts
paulman182 said:
Just have them all connected to the proper phone line and no worries, no matter what flags go up.
Well, they WERE all connected, but I had to disconnect my two HR10s due to the problems with the 6.3a software. I rolled my units back to the old software. Until that is fixed, they'll stay disconnected. Been that way for nearly three months -- haven't received any communiques telling me to connect them.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
videojanitor said:
10 receivers? :eek2: Right now, I have six, and I was nervous about adding the latest one (the HR20) as at least one person in the forum told me that any more than five set up a red flag in the system and that I might suspected of using them for a business or giving them to my neighbors. Nothing happened when I activated it though -- no questions asked. I wonder if there really is a "red flag" point?
Usually when you get over 8... it gets "iffy"... and they may question it.

But frankly, that probably isn't even a "rule" anymore... with TV's costing $100.. Integrated Receiver/TV's... multiple DVRs.... I doubt they are even following that "rule" anymore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.