Who of the following deserves the esteemed honor of most deplorable sports fan and why?
1) William Ligue Jr. and his 15 year old son attack the 1st base coach Tom Gamboa of the KC Royals on the premise that Tom had given William the one finger salute.
2) New Jersey Nets fan shows up to game 5 of the Eastern Conference NBA Final playoffs and displays his "Would somebody please stab Paul Pierce? sign as Pierce takes the free throw line.
"Walkers Fat" sign displayed by another proud NJ fan.
3) Celtics fans taunting Jason Kidd's wife Joumana with her son TJ seated next to her over previous physical abuse allegedly waged against her by her husband when he was with the Phoenix Suns.
4) Despicable fan behavior at the Country Club in Brookline, Mass., as well as the American team's unsportsmanlike conduct after beating the Europeans in the 1999 Ryder Cup golf tournament. Members of the U.S. team charged onto the course in a most unruly and distracting celebration of a victory before it was finalized and there was some controversy over the green being trampled on by friends and family members as well as caddies while the fans heckled the Europeans to no end, one of them spitting on Jane James who was the wife of the European captain, and someone revved a bus engine every time a European readied for an important putt!
5) University of Maryland College Park Athletic Department enacts regulations governing fan behavior at sporting events after the riots and bonfires occurring after Duke losses. Among other things, the band was prohibited from playing the popular song, "Rock and Roll, Part II."
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could
be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to digital bit streaming enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about programming, content, and reception, home theaters, displays, models, styles, satellites, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!