Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motorola shows off its multi-room PVR
Source: http://www.pvrwire.com/2006/11/03/Motorola shows off its multi-room PVR/

It looks like Motorola might be looking to expand distribution of its multi-room "Home Media DVR." The system records TV programs on on central PVR, but allows playback throughout the house. This is the setup employed by Verizon in its FiOS multi-room PVR system.

Thursday Motorola invited journalists to check out the box. Motorola execs also said that you could program the PVR using a mobile phone. They mentioned the Motorola RAZR and Q as examples, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could make this function work with non-Motorola smartphones.

So far no plans have been announced to roll the boxes out to anyone besides Verizion FiOS customers, but I can't help but get the feeling that Motorola wouldn't be showing the box off 2 months after it was first deployed unless the company has something up its sleeve.
Hopefully DirecTV takes notice. I would love to see this feature with the HR20!

·
Legend
191 Posts
sbcale said:
Hopefully DirecTV takes notice. I would love to see this feature with the HR20!
You shouldnt hold your breath, considering the S2 DirecTivo had the functionality disabled by directv.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
kaz said:
You shouldnt hold your breath, considering the S2 DirecTivo had the functionality disabled by directv.
I'm sure that was because they didn't want to pay TiVo extra, and most likely TiVo wanted extra for that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.