DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Panasonic 42" TH-px60u TV and I don't know how to mount it to the wall. I'm not sure where to connect the wall bracket to the back of the TV.

I can see four round plastic covers on the back of the TV, but I'm not sure if I should pry those off to get to what is beneath. Maybe a threaded bolt underneath. Don't want to ruin the TV

Thanks!

·
Legend
104 Posts
banningview said:
I just bought a Panasonic 42" TH-px60u TV and I don't know how to mount it to the wall. I'm not sure where to connect the wall bracket to the back of the TV.

I can see four round plastic covers on the back of the TV, but I'm not sure if I should pry those off to get to what is beneath. Maybe a threaded bolt underneath. Don't want to ruin the TV

Thanks!
Listen don't try and do it yourself get someone who knows what there doing. You need to get the right mount to hang it on. Get some help.

·
Child of the 60's
3,127 Posts
I recently mounted a 50" Samsung and it's not that big a deal. Any decent, larger electronics store or A/V shop (like the one you bought your set from should have at least a couple of selections to choose from. You just want to be sure you get a mount that will handle your size set. One thing to think about as you plan your mount is how you want the wires to run. My wife isn't real keen to have the wiring exposed in our bedroom, so I'm going to come in after the fact and bury them in the wall. Would have been easier to have taken care of this before the mount.

Good luck.

John

·
DBSTalk Club Member
431 Posts
You need a studfinder to find the wood wall studs in the wall. You DON'T want to just drill into the sheetrock or drywall. Be sure the bolts or lag screws they provide with the wall mount kit go into the wood at least an inch or more, not just into the plaster.

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did the install today with all of the necessary tools, i.e. studfinder, level, tape measure, drill...no biggie. set looks awesome! Thanks for all the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.