DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if the installers would mount the AT9 dish to my oudoor antenna mast (it's about 25 feet tall, 3 pole mast). My dish is currently mounted on the roof, but from what I've been reading sounds like most installers think the roof wont support it.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Brownies said:
Wondering if the installers would mount the AT9 dish to my oudoor antenna mast (it's about 25 feet tall, 3 pole mast). My dish is currently mounted on the roof, but from what I've been reading sounds like most installers think the roof wont support it.
I don't know anything about antenna masts. But can the installer lean a ladder against the house and still reach it comfortably and safely? Do you have your own ladder. Alot of installers don't have ladders that tall on there trucks. Some installers go the whole mile while others may flat out not want to do it.
IMO it is somewhat of a crap shoot.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
Yeah I see a lot of safety issues there. Unless a ladder can indeed be put against it safely I don't see it happen.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HDTVsportsfan said:
I don't know anything about antenna masts. But can the installer lean a ladder against the house and still reach it comfortably and safely? Do you have your own ladder. Alot of installers don't have ladders that tall on there trucks. Some installers go the whole mile while others may flat out not want to do it.
IMO it is somewhat of a crap shoot.
Yes they can use a ladder, I have an outdoor light mounted on it and I've used a ladder to climb up and change it. Shouldn't be a problem. I was thinking that it may be more of a stability problem with wind maybe shaking it a little and losing the signal.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Brownies said:
Yes they can use a ladder, I have an outdoor light mounted on it and I've used a ladder to climb up and change it. Shouldn't be a problem. I was thinking that it may be more of a stability problem with wind maybe shaking it a little and losing the signal.
I don't know brownie.....
The AT9 requires a 2" outside diameter mast anyway. If I understand your current setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.