DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved my modem and router to a more central location in my home. But I'm struggling to set DirecTV up correctly. I spent about 4 hrs yesterday browsing this forum and others for information on each piece of equipment. I know the current layout is horrible. But I was trying a lot of different things and this is where I gave up. The problem is that the HR24-200 cannot access recordings saved on the HR23-700. Please tell me what needs to change for a nice clean setup.

Didn't work->
Worked->

by the way, I have an extra DECA1MR0-01 without a power plug adapter, a BSFR0-01 band stop-filter, and tons of coax cable.

Update 1:Thanks Stewart & Sigma! I added the second DECA to the Sat1 input of the HR23, ran a short cat5 between the DECA & HR23, and it worked! You guys rock.

Update 2: I added a second diagram of what solved it. I'm not familiar with Satellite setups, so I figured I'd add this just to help some other noob.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
It seems like what you need to do is disconnect the ethernet cable from the HR23, reboot it and reset the network settings. The DECA should handle the connection to the internet from all the receivers, and sharing programming between DVRs takes place through the coax cable.

I think there is a PDF somewhere that explains it better.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
It should be replaced. The splitter that was originally used, cannot be used for whole-home.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stuart, with the addition of a second DECA, the HR23 & HR24 are recognizing each other and sharing data. What exactly should the splitter I'm using be affecting in the whole-home DVR system?

·
1*
10,289 Posts
heckren said:
Stuart, with the addition of a second DECA, the HR23 & HR24 are recognizing each other and sharing data. What exactly should the splitter I'm using be affecting in the whole-home DVR system?
The non-green labeled splitters are not able to handle the DECA frequency correctly. Thus, by having that in your setup, you might have unexpected results when using MRV.

- Merg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.