DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Icon
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called to schedule my move and was told that I had to pay $99 plus shipping of $19.99 because my account had not been open for one full year (10 months as of today in perfect standing). I got a supervisor to waive $50 off the move.

Is this normal? I expected the $19.99 shipping/handling fee, but another $50 fee?

· Hall Of Fame
1,090 Posts
mini1 said:
I just called to schedule my move and was told that I had to pay $99 plus shipping of $19.99 because my account had not been open for one full year (10 months as of today in perfect standing). I got a supervisor to waive $50 off the move.

Is this normal? I expected the $19.99 shipping/handling fee, but another $50 fee?
That fee(s) are correct.

You get 1 free move per year (with only the s/h fee of 19.99). Qualified moving clients also get 3 months free of the movie channels as well as a free upgrade to whole home dvr!

HOWEVER you haven't been a customer for an entire year and that's where the fee comes into play.

Think of it this way:
You get 1 free move per year and your initial install is counted as a move/install of service which as you stated was only 10 mths ago.

You could always hold off on using the movers connection for another 2 months then it would only be the 19.99 charge that you incurr; but you'd be paying for service in the interum that you wouldn;'nt be able to receive-----so the $50 you negotiated them down to doesn't seem so out of the question given the alternative.....

· Icon
804 Posts
That is correct. You only get 1 mover's connection per year. I am a 14 year subscriber and moved from SoCal to Eugene, Oregon and then moved to a different house after 8 months. I had to pay the $50 for the second move. I am sure they do it to keep costs down. Still worth the money for a new dish and all the hookups.

· AllStar
493 Posts
I did the Movers Connection in February of this year. I did not have to pay the 19.95 and everything else was included. Was looking for a newer HD DVR but they wanted to charge me so i just kept what i have as it is fine, was just looking for more DVR storage.

they only gave me two months of free movie channels however.

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
the future is now said:
I did the Movers Connection in February of this year. I did not have to pay the 19.95 and everything else was included. Was looking for a newer HD DVR but they wanted to charge me so i just kept what i have as it is fine, was just looking for more DVR storage.

they only gave me two months of free movie channels however.
Bolded is why

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.