Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mentor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks.
I've had just the one TV for a while now, but recently bought an LCD for my bedroom. The problem is that when I had my dish installed, I told them to run the secondary line to the bonus room (thinking that would be the logical place).
I don' t know much about how this works, and I wasn't here to talk to the guy when he was hooking it up, but I do know that the signal goes from the dish into the outside junction box. Then out of the wall outlet to my receiver (VIP622) and then back into the wall outlet. Once it goes back into the wall, how is it routed to another specific room?
Is there a simple way for me to re-route that signal without having to get the Dish guy out here and spending $99?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,990 Posts
Your intent is unclear. Are you trying to run the agile modulator output from your 622 to the 2nd TV or are you wanting the satellite signal sent to another TV for a second satellite receiver?

The question is what do you mean by the secondary line, is it for a satellite receiver or just for Rf to the second TV?

·
Mentor
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim5506 said:
Your intent is unclear. Are you trying to run the agile modulator output from your 622 to the 2nd TV or are you wanting the satellite signal sent to another TV for a second satellite receiver?

The question is what do you mean by the secondary line, is it for a satellite receiver or just for Rf to the second TV?
Sorry, let me see if I can clarify.
My goal is to run the modulator output from the 622 back onto the line and up to another outlet in the house. This will still use the 622 receiver with the RF remote. This TV2 output is currently working in my upstairs bonus room, I just want to change it to the upstairs bedroom on the other side of the house.

I did a little wire tracing tonight. There are 3 wires from the dish. One is a ground and two are coax. One coax is terminated, and the other appears to go to the indoor "InQ" box. From there it splits into "Sat" and "VHF/UHF." (As far as I know, this house does not have any kind of VHF/UHF antenna, so I'm not sure what that line is for.) The UHF line does appear to physically be routed in an upward direction...so perhaps the installer used that for the upstairs line. From there, I don't know where the wires go. Ideas?

·
Legend
149 Posts
2 things:
The "split" you see is probably a diplexor. The room you want hooked up needs to go on the uhf/vhf port...

2nd, be aware the 2nd tv modulated output is not HD, in case you were expecting this on the new lcd.....

·
Godfather
260 Posts
Dan The Man said:
Hi Folks.
I've had just the one TV for a while now, but recently bought an LCD for my bedroom. The problem is that when I had my dish installed, I told them to run the secondary line to the bonus room (thinking that would be the logical place).
I don' t know much about how this works, and I wasn't here to talk to the guy when he was hooking it up, but I do know that the signal goes from the dish into the outside junction box. Then out of the wall outlet to my receiver (VIP622) and then back into the wall outlet. Once it goes back into the wall, how is it routed to another specific room?
Is there a simple way for me to re-route that signal without having to get the Dish guy out here and spending $99?
There is really no way for us to know. If your house has been wired for cable, it is possible that the output from the 622 was run through your whole house distribution system. This would enable all the cable outlets to work, and would be the best possible scenario. All you would have to do is move the TV and plug it into the cable outlet of the bedroom.

If not, you would need to run a new line from the 622 to the bedroom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.