DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
New Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a install date for getting my new HR20. I currently have a HR10-250 with about 100+ hours of shows recorded. Does anyone know of an easy way to move all the video I have on the 10-250 to the new HR20 that is coming? I'm pretty much up for anything but I am not sure if opening the old HR10-250 is an option since I have to return it and they might give me the go around if they see the seal is broken.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
340 Posts
jelms said:
I have a install date for getting my new HR20. I currently have a HR10-250 with about 100+ hours of shows recorded. Does anyone know of an easy way to move all the video I have on the 10-250 to the new HR20 that is coming? I'm pretty much up for anything but I am not sure if opening the old HR10-250 is an option since I have to return it and they might give me the go around if they see the seal is broken.
As far as I know there is no way to transfer data to the HR20.
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
311 Posts
jelms said:
I have a install date for getting my new HR20. I currently have a HR10-250 with about 100+ hours of shows recorded. Does anyone know of an easy way to move all the video I have on the 10-250 to the new HR20 that is coming? I'm pretty much up for anything but I am not sure if opening the old HR10-250 is an option since I have to return it and they might give me the go around if they see the seal is broken.
With all the problems with the HR20 I would try to keep the HR10-250 on line as your primary DVR and use the the HR20 for things the HR10-250 will not do until the bugs get fixed. I am sure DirecTV will allow you to do this. Give them a call.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,014 Posts
I second w6fxj's advice about keeping the HR10-250 active.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
614 Posts
If you lease it, you will get a return kit via FedEx to return within a few weeks of deactivation.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
80 Posts
I also have the h10 and its locked up and wont get passed the welcome powering up screen as of this weekend. I own it, should I just buy a new drive or get a hr20? I already have 1 hr20 and I like it, I have the protection plan. What will they make me do with the h10? It will cost me $200 for a new drive from weekness or a free hr20?It really makes me mad that the h10 is not even a year old! What to do???
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to try and call customer retention tomorrow and see what they say about me keeping the old unit. My wife is reading me the riot act about all the stuff she hasn't watched yet. Guess we'll see what happens. Thanks for all the input.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
340 Posts
jelms said:
I'm going to try and call customer retention tomorrow and see what they say about me keeping the old unit. My wife is reading me the riot act about all the stuff she hasn't watched yet. Guess we'll see what happens. Thanks for all the input.
You shouldn't have a problem with that. Everytime I have gotten a new reciever (H10 then H20 now HR20) I got to keep my old one.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,014 Posts
bonscott87 said:
You don't have to exchange it. DirecTV doesn't want your old Tivo box.
Wouldn't make much sense, would it? Turn down the extra $5/mo. revenue for a DVR that D* considers obsolete.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
57 Posts
Twosted said:
You shouldn't have a problem with that. Everytime I have gotten a new reciever (H10 then H20 now HR20) I got to keep my old one.
I also went from a HR10-250 to an HR20. I own my HR10, but am glad I kept it as one of my receivers. And am glad I did. I mainly use it for OTA on NBC and PBS. D* doesn't have those available on the HR20. I guess NBC is being a thorn when it comes to D*. And, after three HR20's I think I might have one that is "bug free", well, relatively speaking.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top