DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be moving in August and am a bit out of the loop on the latest DTV hardware offerings. I currently have a HR21-700 & HR22-100 all connected via a SWM to my dish.

When I move I would prefer to have 3 - 4 total TVs (All HD) rather than the two I currently have.

I am looking for some guidance as to what I should look for in terms of equipment and costs.

Should I request a HMC or are my two HD DVRs sufficient? What could I expect for costs on additional HD boxes (for the 3rd & 4th TV). What if I wanted to add a 5th TV in the future?

Thanks for your advice.

BTW - I have been a DTV customer for 11 years if that makes any changes on what they may offer.

Dan

·
Mentor
42 Posts
I'm moving very soon and called D. I want to go from single HR20 (I use OTA tuner) on basic HD package to HR20 + another HD receive connected to HR20 via Whole Home DVR. They said upfront cost would be $0 plus additional $9 monthly and get 3 months ShowTime free. I'm thinking I could do much better starting over with Dish, UVerse, or even TimeWarner.

What is the best I should expect to get in my situation? How do I go about getting it? :)

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
Well, getting the whole home upgrade for free is pretty darned good (it involves more than just the additional receiver and most pay $199 for it). You can't beat zero. The recurring cost is $6 for the additional receiver and $3 for MRV/whole-home. That is the standard pricing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.