DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Great forum. I have been "lurking " is this forum for several months and enjoy all your posts. You have been very informative.
I am looking to move from Comcast to Dish within 2 weeks. I just have a couple of questions you might be able to help me with.

1) I want to connect 5 TVs to the system. 3 std def and 2 HDs. I would like one to be a HD-DVR. Is this possible without getting into a big installation expense?
I will sign up for the Plat. HD package, with locals, all movies and sports package.

2) Is it better to go to Dish directly or a retailer in my area? If retailer, any suggestions, if allowed.

3) Can I get an off air antenna on the dish so I can have off air service on at least one TV with Dish goes out? Will Dish do this for me as part of the installation?

Thanks for all the great insight into Dish.

Scott

·
Icon
628 Posts
1) You need 1 622 for 1 HD TV and 1 SD TV, 1 211 for the other HD TV, and 1 625 for the other 2 SD TVs or a 322 if you don't want DVR for those. Go to http://www.dishtv.com/builder06.jsp and that will tell you have much you are going to pay.

2) Dish directly, but that's just me.

3) Sure. The 622 has an off air tuner. Not sure that Dish will do this for you.

·
Legend
106 Posts
GatorScott said:
3) Can I get an off air antenna on the dish so I can have off air service on at least one TV with Dish goes out? Will Dish do this for me as part of the installation?
This may be the answer to your second question. None of the Dish guys will touch an on-air antenna around here, but some of the retail guys will be happy to add extras like an antenna for locals, for an extra fee, of course.

BTW, I can re-connect my old cable connection outside for an "emergency" backup, however, I have never needed it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.