DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Legend
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please pardon me if this is answered elsewhere, I searched and found nothing. I had an AT9 and HR20 installed in October (the morning of Game 4 of the World Series), and I am awaiting activation of HD locals in my area. I hope SGF is still on schedule for early DEC as I was told yesterday by DTV tech. My question is for anyone already receiving HD locals, are these signals Dolby 5.1? I understand that most often DTV picks up OTA and retransmits the signal, so in most cases the original broadcast must include 5.1 before DTV could pass it on, but do they when it is possible? I have been told by KY3 that while they don't broadcast 5.1, they may be able to pass it on to DTV since the uplink is at their facility. This would be the only benefit for me since I have no trouble picking up OTA in my area. (Other than using less drive space for the MPEG4) I have been told by KOLR and KSFX that they will be broadcasting 5.1 and are on schedule to "go live" with their HD the first week of December. Thanks.

By the way, I have not had any issues with my HR20 other than the unit not responding to input from the remote or the front panel buttons on one occasion the second day I had it. I was able to watch the station it was tuned to, but the unit would not respond to any input at all. Reset on the advice of DTV CSR and haven't had the problem since. Also ST Super Fan canceled recording once.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.