DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Icon
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we have storm warnings (& we have them all the time here in "tornado alley") I lose HD on the local channels OTA & with the H20 (Mpeg 2), I guess the local stations haven't figgured out how to have the weather warnings & HD on at the same time.
Any chance this will be any diffrent in Mpeg 4 on my HR20 or is it something the locals have to work out?

·
Godfather
410 Posts
TheMoose said:
When we have storm warnings (& we have them all the time here in "tornado alley") I lose HD on the local channels OTA & with the H20 (Mpeg 2), I guess the local stations haven't figgured out how to have the weather warnings & HD on at the same time.
Any chance this will be any diffrent in Mpeg 4 on my HR20 or is it something the locals have to work out?
I made this complaint many years ago when OTA HD started broadcasting. It's now 2006 and they still haven't figured out how to embed this into the HD signal.:mad:

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
Are people really more annoyed that the constant weather interruptions are not in HD - or allow the rest of the broadcast to remain HD - than the fact that the constant interruptions normally don't even affect the viewing area, or that there seems to be a "quota" that must be met in face time for weather people?

Maybe it's just me (or this area), but it seems that they will run the "rollback" screen for the better part of the hour for a far corner of the state that more than likely cannot even receive the broadcast (Twin Cities versus Northwestern MN) other than by satellite.

I guess I'm more annoyed by that than by the fact that the broadcast reverts to SD for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.